Marc Guehi

gdm

25 minutes ago, midds said:

If we manage to sign Guehi and sell Almiron on the same day I think I'll fucking burst

surprise shock GIF by foxhorror
The inner joy of escaping me like an alien out of John Hurt’s chest.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Makes sense to me.

We've clearly sent the message to journalists that we are prepared to move on if the deal isn't accepted. Which is clearly an attempt to put pressure on Palace (which is fine) but it hardly suggests that we are confident they are going to accept.

Unless I'm missing something? 

So what else could we have said assuming we did brief the media that we have other options. Say naff all or say “we’re all in on Guehi. There is no one else.” 

If you’re negotiating a sale. Why on earth would you paint yourself into a corner and make out you only have one option? That makes no sense. 

It wasn’t just meant to be a dig at you. I have just found some of the over-thinking, in-fighting and comments surrounding every crumb of news around transfers on here absolutely mental this window. People seem really highly strung and desperate TBH. 

Which I am now guilty of joining in with and fuelling, TBF :lol: 

I don’t think I’ve ever been more relaxed about a transfer! 

None of the bellend six seemingly want him; two years left on his deal so they’ll be lucky to get half next summer; all noises he wants the move! 

Just now, Paully said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more relaxed about a transfer! 

None of the bellend six seemingly want him; two years left on his deal so they’ll be lucky to get half next summer; all noises he wants the move! 

Agree. I suggested, way earlier in this thread, that Guehi has instructed his agent to complete the deal. He wants it.

He's sitting at home chilling. Eales has Netjets on standby

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

So what else could we have said assuming we did brief the media that we have other options. Say naff all or say “we’re all in on Guehi. There is no one else.” 

If you’re negotiating a sale. Why on earth would you paint yourself into a corner and make out you only have one option? That makes no sense. 

It wasn’t just meant to be a dig at you. I have just found some of the over-thinking, in-fighting and comments surrounding every crumb of news around transfers on here absolutely mental this window. People seem really highly strung and desperate TBH. 

Which I am now guilty of joining in with and fuelling, TBF :lol: 

and 99% of the time the crumb of news that sends people into a frenzy is just some Twatter bollocks that’s been posted by a journo or fake ITK for clicks n giggles 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I'n assuming this is done and the silence now is just getting the contract and promo stuff sorted for the announcement.

If it's not done then Will1892's publically stated he's leaving the ITK game (not that I believe he'll stop tweeting shit for a second, but he'll still look a fool), so win-win.

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

I'n assuming this is done and the silence now is just getting the contract and promo stuff sorted for the announcement.

If it's not done then Will1892's publically stated he's leaving the ITK game (not that I believe he'll stop tweeting shit for a second, but he'll still look a fool), so win-win.

Will1893 will soon start the ITK game.

No relation.

7 minutes ago, Checko said:

Skipping the medical? Worrying

Just now, SteV said:

Not sure the PR team will be massively keen on any announcement tomorrow like, with the launch of the away kit.

Don't know mind, may encourage a few more sales with Guehi on the back of the new shirt?

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure the PR team will be massively keen on any announcement tomorrow like, with the launch of the away kit.

The crack PR team that took photos of Anderson in the away jersey and allowed it in stores weeks ahead of release?

25 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Will1893 will soon start the ITK game.

No relation.

I'm not on Twitter, but could someone who is grab the user name William1892 just in case?

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

Are you kidding?

a new kit with a new big name to print on it? Gold.

Just now, STM said:

I don't want to cause hysteria or anything but... no, no I won't say it. I'll allow imaginations to run away. :lol:

They gonna buy Longstaff for 40m?

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

They gonna buy Longstaff for 40m?

I had in my head he was a CB. I've hidden my post because quite frankly it's now embarrassing.:lol:

As far as I know (ie how much my contact knows), this isn’t yet done. (As of about 3 hours ago at least)

They’re still confident it’s imminent, as they have been since last week.  Nothing’s changed today that I’m aware of, but obviously things can change very quickly. 🤷‍♂️