Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

He's not worth the money being touted (£70m), will be interesting to see what the club does now

I would imagine we aren't too impressed that our bids and the exact amount are becoming public knowledge as well. Definitely a tactic by Parish to invite others into the bidding war.

Edited by TRon

Great so we wait it out and get him at the end of the window when he realises no one’s paying his stupid fee, leaving them in the lurch or we move on and get someone equally as suited to us. Either way Palace and Parish lose out. The guy has made his mind up about signing for us. Palace fans were already saying Guehi looked “disinterested” in their friendly the other day.

They've already lost one top player this window, can see why they'd be keen not to lose another without damn good compensation. Plus if they're losing 20% to Chelsea it makes any deal less appealing to them.

Guehi's an excellent players from what I've seen but I certainly wouldn't say generational talent, not that I've seen him much.

Time to channel full Brexit Eddie and get a proper right winger.

Just for comparison, but Bruno had a release clause that he personally negotiated and certain clubs were allowed to activate.

We've not dangled him out there saying he may or may not go, or asked him to talk to anyone and let him get emotionally invested in a move that is dependant on whether we get to trott around happy as Larry for holding out for an extra three or four million.

I don't think such pettiness will help you build a successful organization full of people who need to be on it mentally to perform to their potential.

The natural reaction for Palace fans is also to now expect that Guehi doesn't want to be there.

Not sure why we're having a go at Parish, stamping our feet because he won't let us have their player.  He's valued him and we need to get to it or very near. Nothing to do with ego, smugness, or him being a dick, it's their player, they don't have to give in to us.   Some on here on are sounding just like the knobheads from Liverpool and Arsenal over Gordon and Isak.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Not sure why we're having a go at Parish, stamping our feet because he won't let us have their player.  He's valued him and we need to get to it or very near. Nothing to do with ego, smugness, or him being a dick, it's their player, they don't have to give in to us.   Some on here on are sounding just like the knobheads from Liverpool and Arsenal over Gordon and Isak.

He is a dickhead. Not over this, but definitely a dickhead.

On 12/08/2024 at 14:38, BottledDog said:

We solemnly promise not to bathe again until Jimbo's TV tells us we can all run our Guehe transfer baths. :icon_salut:

starship-trooper-doing-my-part-gif.14819

Ah fuck, come on Darren, can't leave me stinking the place out. 

:mou:

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Great so we wait it out and get him at the end of the window when he realises no one’s paying his stupid fee, leaving them in the lurch or we move on and get someone equally as suited to us. Either way Palace and Parish lose out. The guy has made his mind up about signing for us. Palace fans were already saying Guehi looked “disinterested” in their friendly the other day.

Or they are playing us along until the end so that we end up without CB backup (Cartel chums and all, taking Conspiracy theory to a whole new level) [emoji38]

I'd love to be selling a house to some of our fans. They'd pay 2x or more than what it was worth - all it would take is a little gamesmanship.

Keep a cool head. It will work out. 

It seems to me that the play is leave the offer on the table for a week while we pursue another target, then see if that’s their final decision. Parish’s expectation is that we will keep pushing for Guehi.

37 minutes ago, McCormick said:

They’re being silly now. Boy would I love to leave a giant red hand print on that smug twat Parish’s face. 

No they aren't, he is their player and is under contract, they are entitled to ask for whatever they like

It doesn't sound like it's anywhere close to being done so hopefully the club can easily pivot and try to make progress with alternative targets 

Just now, Kimbo said:

It seems to me that the play is leave the offer on the table for a week while we pursue another target, then see if that’s their final decision. Parish’s expectation is that we will keep pushing for Guehi.

I'd give them 24 hours and then the offer is off the table, and then its time to move on and execute elsewhere. Can't let a small club, and what Parish has had for breakfast that morning, dictate our trajectory.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

No they aren't, he is their player and is under contract, they are entitled to ask for whatever they like

It doesn't sound like it's anywhere close to being done so hopefully the club can easily pivot and try to make progress with alternative targets 

If they made it clear from the jump that they weren’t willing to make any concessions then we may not have wasted all this time.