Marc Guehi

gdm

Everytime you buy unless it's a star player like Bellingham etc you look at long term with recouping close to what you payed for players. As we grow a lot of these players will be moved on. 

Feels like to me theirs a need for 1 player to be a big talent, a top draw purple starting 12 or whatever you want to call it. This window was meant to be transformative, and while I’m not against any of the work done so far and agree with a lot of it, it still feels lacking 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Yeah we would he's young we could easily look to sell in the future when we have grown as a club. And the price would be nothing close to what we paid. He'd be on crazy money aswell. 

No we don't, need to build the squad and team, if he helps us get champions league and keeps us right side of league then it pays for itself over time. We can't not pay for decent players just because of sell on alone. Need to look at total ROI. PSR important aspect but seems a worthwhile investment.

Just now, RobS said:

Feels like to me theirs a need for 1 player to be a big talent, a top draw purple starting 12 or whatever you want to call it. This window was meant to be transformative, and while I’m not against any of the work done so far and agree with a lot of it, it still feels lacking 

Still have c.2 weeks to go. I think there will be a league wide trolley dash by the last week that gets everything moving.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Selling Miggy > Signing Guehi

Not if we don't get a replacement for him. I would argue we need that defence to be strong even with injuries to succeed

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Everytime you buy unless it's a star player like Bellingham etc you look at long term with recouping close to what you payed for players. As we grow a lot of these players will be moved on. 

He's 24 though, we could get 4 good years out of him and still sell at a very decent price even if we didn't recoup all of it. You have to think of the value he'd provide as a player during that time as well.

The fact he's conducted a live interview with SSN is enough for me to say fuck it and walk away from him and them. He's got every right to dig his heels in and ask for as much as he thinks we can get away with but to air it all publically like that a huge no-no from me. By all means reject it but keep it private and at boardroom level. 

And that's before we even get into the realms of the undoubted 'Newcastle cave in and pay whatever Palace wanted' drivel that would follow any bid being accepted. Sends out a message that we'll bend over and take it for any old shite like Man U have for the last decade. Once you get that reputation you'll overpay for every player you go in for. Fuck it, there's other CBs - Guehi is class and I'd love to see him in black and white but not after this like

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

No we don't, need to build the squad and team, if he helps us get champions league and keeps us right side of league then it pays for itself over time. We can't not pay for decent players just because of sell on alone. Need to look at total ROI. PSR important aspect but seems a worthwhile investment.

I disagree mate we aren't city or the top six with a nice safety belt when it comes to ffp. We need to do our homework accordingly. 

Just now, TRon said:

He's 24 though, we could get 4 good years out of him and still sell at a very decent price even if we didn't recoup all of it. You have to think of the value he'd provide as a player during that time as well.

The way FFP works you don't even need to sell for more than what you paid to make a "profit"

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

The way FFP works you don't even need to sell for more than what you paid to make a "profit"

I was meaning roughly around what you payed with the way this game is going. 

That Steve Parish quote and video is really off putting.

Would actually like us to go and get someone else now.

They can keep him and try and get him to sign a new contract or get far less for him next summer.

"Superstar money" for goodness sake. Leave him to it man.

32 minutes ago, jigen said:

Walk away. 70m for Guehi is madness. There are many good defenders you can buy. 

There aren't many out there called Marc Guehi.

I don't know the costs involved, but we should happily pay 90+ million for a genuine Marc Guehi.

8 minutes ago, andycap said:

Who is a lot of these players?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That Steve Parish quote and video is really off putting.

Would actually like us to go and get someone else now.

They can keep him and try and get him to sign a new contract or get far less for him next summer.

"Superstar money" for goodness sake. Leave him to it man.

Yeah, he may be worth £50m and I wasn’t averse to just paying the extra £5m ‘just to get it done’. Now I’d say £50m take it or leave it and start looking at other players.

22 minutes ago, andycap said:

If we did bring Guehi in for say 65 million. we'd not make that back I can tell you in the future if we'd looked to sell. 

Why would we sell? Could be our main CB for the next 10 years

The fact they're not flat out rejecting the bid and are resorting to this performative nonsense suggests there are issues with the payment structure.

Hope we get him but please lord don't let that Pardew loving freak rinse us.

11 minutes ago, RobS said:

Is that just this transfer window in general for all clubs, well apart from Chelsea

If Palace demand more than the upper limit that our bean counters and transfer committee think we should pay for him, then we move on

We can't force Palace (or any club) to sell their asset and I trust NUFC to have made the right decision and not end up going daft inna Will Grigg stylee

But for the Palace chairman to go on telly and publicly discuss what we believe is an ongoing transfer negotiation, well that's just wideboy antics. This wasn't his gaffer in a presser getting asked about the transfer, it was a premeditated media move

Do your business behind closed doors you fucking spiv

Edited by bobbydazzla