Marc Guehi

gdm

Hope this bid is accepted.

It's a lot of money, but you look at other transfers like Leny Yoro £52m + addons, and we clearly have identified Guehi as being worth spending this much on.

47 minutes ago, STM said:

Away Toon having an absolute stinker.

Oh to be a member of the infamous NO clique, drink the cool aid and never ever be wrong or actually have doubts that the club doesn't always know what it's doing. 

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Oh to be a member of the infamous NO clique, drink the cool aid and never ever be wrong or actually have doubts that the club doesn't always know what it's doing. 

Or just don't make outrageous claims that the club has done nothing right because we haven't won a trophy

8 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Eh? I mentioned Chelsea, Liverpool and Villa in my post :lol: 

I didn’t tho so they weren’t part of my point  :lol:  Villa I forgot about and Liverpool granted they haven’t done any business which is why I didn’t mention them :lol:

Villa have made so many signings that it’s impossible to compare them to last season so you’ve kinda made my point mentioning them 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

You're not a pessimist, you're just a realist.

I'm surprised PIF haven't swung the axe by now with how bad things are.

One way or another this just needs to end.  I dont think we’ll sign him.  

Palace could just be using the bids to convince him to make his escape clause as big as possible in a new contract.  A players not going to sign a new deal with an unrealistic escape clause. They can say look Newcastle were willing to pay 65million so double your salary and 65 plus a bit is realistic.  They get to mess around a rival, show they fought to keep a player to their fans and get him signed up long term with bigger release clause.  

The week has just felt off to me.  I hope I’m wrong, the noise is again that we’re confident so hopefully I am. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

We are paying too much for a 24 year old with two years left on his contract and no other suitors.  Palace got us to bid against ourselves.  I wonder if we ever inquired about Ousame Diomonde? I do like the fact this is not just a depth signing and someone who could immediately start lcb and then command a starting rcb spot in the new year.  We can bolster rw w/ Gordon and lettig Barnes get some much deserved starts on the lw. 

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

One way or another this just needs to end.  I dont think we’ll sign him.  

Palace could just be using the bids to convince him to make his escape clause as big as possible in a new contract.  A players not going to sign a new deal with an unrealistic escape clause. They can say look Newcastle were willing to pay 65million so double your salary and 65 plus a bit is realistic.  They get to mess around a rival, show they fought to keep a player to their fans and get him signed up long term with bigger release clause.  

The week has just felt off to me.  I hope I’m wrong, the noise is again that we’re confident so hopefully I am. 

That's some 4D chess there, mind.  Not sure Palace are that Machiavellian - why would a player need proof of a bid to decide what the release clause in their contract should be?

The noises from the player's camp suggests he wants the move, we're onto our fourth bid, and Palace have basically stated their asking price so that we should try and meet it.  

6 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I've been on here over twenty years and I'm not part of the clique :lol::weep:

:lol: I was dead, dead intimidated by you before I met you, like. Hand in the air.

11 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Hope this bid is accepted.

It's a lot of money, but you look at other transfers like Leny Yoro £52m + addons, and we clearly have identified Guehi as being worth spending this much on.

Pretty sure the consensus in the other clubs transfers and Man Utd thread was that Man Utd paid stupid money for Yoro. We'll need a town hall again to decide if in fact everything Man Utd does isn't necessarily bad before we can use Yoro as an argument for why we are not getting rinsed by Crystal Palace here.

6 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Who cares what he costs, just get him in.

Unfortunately while not for us to worry about spending this big has a consequence to it, be it not strengthening the wing, having to sell more players to comply with the financial regs etc we are cash rich but PSR poor. For me it's already too much based on what I saw if it was like the old days of spending without thought than yes fuck it spend to provide the tools the manager wants and if he doesn't work it doesn't work.

What I don't want to hear from the club in January or summer window is " we over stretched ourselves to provide the squad the manager needed we now need to sell player X" 

Edited by nufcjmc