Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm not sure you can say it's still looking good when we've had £65mil bid rejected. 

We've clearly spoken to the player and he wants to come but it sounds like we started off nowhere near Palace's valuation and 4 bids later we still aren't

From the outside looking in, it seems like Palace have a set price and we're trying to do a chunk of it in installments that they either don't want or don't think are attainable, and probably still aren't matching their value. I'd imagine the revised bids were tweaking those installments. 

We've obviously thought they would give in or Guehi's camp would apply pressure, but to me, Parish made it clear that their terms would have to be met. I don't think it was brinkmanship, I think he was being straight, as he would now look daft if anything less than a substantially higher fee than the one being reported was agreed. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As I say, I haven't spoken to anyone in a couple of days, so it's just my gut feeling that we aren't done with this one yet (but that gut feeling is based on knowing how confident they have been even as recently as Wednesday). Just because Palace are saying we're not there yet doesn't mean we aren't close.

The biggest problem with this transfer is that Palace are leaking every last detail of each bid. If that hadn't of happened and today was the first you were hearing of it, how would you feel? Probably quite excited, right?  Transfers take weeks / months... it's just all part of the process.

Perhaps a dignified period of silence is the best course of action for you at this point?

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Said previously it reminded me of the Maddison bid, just never felt it would get accepted at the price we were bidding at

Palace are flush with cash from Olise 

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

Perhaps a dignified period of silence is the best course of action for you at this point?

Howay man, he’s got a source and is just relaying useful info. He’s never said it’s done. Fair enough it all looks like shit right now but it’s not exactly Puppets’ fault is it 

Just now, Paulinho said:

Why? He’s only passing on what he’s been told, and offering his opinion on how things might unfold. 

If people are upset by this I suggest they endeavour to learn to control their emotions better.

Personally, I don't care what is or isn't a good price for a player, as it's way beyond me, and the transfer market is mental anyway, so whatever.

But, protracted transfer sagas are the worst, especially when they're in the press, and being leaked from the sellers side.

I also don't think things are as structured as "Bid one Submitted", "Bid one rejected". It's going to be a more fluid discussion than what the press harp on about.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Howay man, he’s got a source and is just relaying useful info. He’s never said it’s done. Fair enough it all looks like shit right now but it’s not exactly Puppets’ fault is it 

Does he? He’s being relayed extremely commercially sensitive information in almost real time? What would the incentive be for his source to do that?

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

Does he? He’s being relayed extremely commercially sensitive information in almost real time? What would the incentive be for his source to do that?

He’s had info before, especially on injuries. You don’t have to believe a word of it if you don’t want to.

10 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

I really don't understand the witch hunt that happens every time even good ITK's get something wrong (which isn't even certain here). Shadow Puppets could be Eddie Howe or Mitchell with all the info in the world and he still couldn't guarantee what happens in the future. Leave him alone.

Edited by Pata

If we’ve bid 4 times we’ve obviously been given encouragement to do so. There was also clearly enough belief from our camp that we nearly had it done a few days ago. 

I really want us to sign Guehi he’s a class player but there’s a limit and Parish is taking the piss now. He won’t get this money again for him. 

I also don’t think it’s an immediately transformative signing given Schar has at least one more season. 

It’s probably time to move to cheaper targets and redistribute the funds to somewhere that’s going to have a more immediate impact on the team. 

Chalobah and some top level RW please. 

7 minutes ago, duo said:

Palace are flush with cash from Olise 

They've potentially got a few options if they need to sell with Guehi, Eze and Anderson attracting bids. 

Hell if they needed money they could probably offer Wharton up for more than £50mil and they'd have suitors

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I really don't understand the witch hunt that happens every time even good ITK's get something wrong (which isn't even certain here). Shadow Puppets could be Eddie Howe or Mitchell with all the info in the world and he still couldn't guarantee what happens in the future. Leave him alone.

He could even be the all knowing being called NUFCWill ;)

6 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Have I shared any commercially sensitive info like? Must have missed that one.

I'm sorry, but we've been overbidding the last two bids. Time to move on. There's better players to be had for much less. Just gotta hope our alternative options haven't moved elsewhere while we were fannying around with Steve fucking Parish

Tell Palace to get themselves to fuck.

It's absolutely their perogative to demand whatever price they want for their players, I'd hope we do the same for our purples but they're absolutely at it with that price, there has to be better value elsewhere.

Shame, as Guehi seems like a sound guy, I hope for his sake Palace start paying him like a 70 million pound player before they inevitably lose him for 30-40 million next year.

Enjoy finishing 11th-14th

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

Not throwing shade at SP here, but the cynicism is normal. "ITKs" on here have historically had the odd good source on one issue (for example squad news), then either they or their original source pretended to know more about transfers and the like than they actually did, for whatever reason. 

Again no shade at SP as his source could be completely legit for all I know, but it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt and question where the info would come from in the first place.