Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think if this happens, we won't hear about another bid. It'll just be deal agreed.

Nah, Parish wont be able to keep his mouth shut, and will need to let the press and Sky know the amount of the bid and that it still has to be carefully considered.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13750961/Newcastles-fourth-bid-Marc-Guehi-65m-set-FAIL-despite-Magpies-moving-closer-Crystal-Palaces-valuation-Eddie-Howes-consider-new-options.html

Crystal Palace are set to reject an initial £60million offer from Newcastle for Marc Guehi.

Mail Sport first revealed the news that the Magpies had submitted their fourth offer for the England international on Friday morning.

But sources close to the deal are indicating that the package is still not suitable for Palace.

It is understood the latest offer comprises of a guaranteed £60million plus a further £5million in add-ons.

Palace want a minimum £65million for Guehi and it appears chairman Steve Parish is demanding that amount in guaranteed money, excluding additional bonuses, meaning Newcastle face paying closer to £70million to complete the transfer.

Newcastle are now contemplating walking away from the deal although it remains to be seen whether they are prepared to bring their pursuit of Eddie Howe’s No 1 target to a end.

:lol:  I know what Eddie's saying about elite players being a small pool to fish but honestly, last two bids just look a bit desperate and increasingly pathetic to me

Yeah! more than had enough of this bollocks now and were rimming not-worth-it territory anyway that it feels like a trying so hard to get something only to feel a bit disappointed by it is waiting in the wings.

We wouldn’t know about the bids if we weren’t dealing with a bad faith actor like Parish, who is clearly leaking, Mokbel seems the favourite. Without that it would just seem to be a long arsed negotiation. 

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:lol:  I know what Eddie's saying about elite players being a small pool to fish but honestly, last two bids just look a bit desperate and increasingly pathetic to me

Think it's all just because it played out in public. It was the same with Maddison, but when you watch the amazon documentary the Gordon transfer would have looked like that if it wasn't kept hush hush.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We're the only set of fans who could describe going all out for our number one target as "desperate", "pathetic" and "embarrassing".

Said it before and I'll say it again. We have our own share of mouth breathers and someone else's share.

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not throwing shade at SP here, but the cynicism is normal. "ITKs" on here have historically had the odd good source on one issue (for example squad news), then either they or their original source pretended to know more about transfers and the like than they actually did, for whatever reason. 

Again no shade at SP as his source could be completely legit for all I know, but it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt and question where the info would come from in the first place.

That's true.. Kinda feel bad for Eddie about this but even I receive regular accurate second hand injury/line-up news in the morning or a day before the game and I live 3000 km away. The same guy who relays the info (in the rather large chat group) comes up with transfer stories too of course but it's very evident that he/his source is speculating heavily on that front, despite being near flawless with the training ground info.

edit: Not a snipe at SP of course, he's not a show off like some of the others

Edited by junkhead

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not throwing shade at SP here, but the cynicism is normal. "ITKs" on here have historically had the odd good source on one issue (for example squad news), then either they or their original source pretended to know more about transfers and the like than they actually did, for whatever reason. 

Again no shade at SP as his source could be completely legit for all I know, but it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt and question where the info would come from in the first place.

There’s a difference between someone saying ‘X has happened’, or ‘X will definitely happen’ and people who just feedback what people feel/think will happen.

And tbh it doesn’t take much nous to spot the Billy Bullshitters. Even someone like that NUFCWill or whatever he’s called. It’s fairly obvious he has / has had a contact at some level that’s given him team news and maybe a small number of other titbits, but he’s let it go to his head and gone full on ‘look at me’ and ended up spouting a load of shite.

Firmly of the opinion that we need to just leave this one alone and look elsewhere. I'm sure that £65m could be used to fill 2 positions and just wait another year if Guehi is really the one we want. Maybe £30m on a different CB and £35m on a RW, sit tight until Botman is back in about 20 games time and reassess the situation. Guehi is obviously a cracking player but that's a hell of a lot of money for what he'd bring. 

Also got no issues with Palace digging their heels in and demanding the full asking price, normally you'd expect a bit of compromise from both sides but they've set a price and we obviously haven't met it yet, if City were after Bruno I'd expect us to do exactly the same, can't have it both ways. Not a fan of going public like Parish did the other night, should have kept it private but I think that was more about his own PR for his own fans. 

Not the end of the world but they need to find a solution pretty quickly now, there is still time though

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're the only set of fans who could describe going all out for our number one target as "desperate", "pathetic" and "embarrassing".

You should go see Liverpool fan’s opinion on their window 😂

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

RAWK?

Twitter is even better. It’s genuinely brilliant. Let’s just say Richard Highes isn’t popular 😂

Edited by SUPERTOON