Marc Guehi

gdm

The way this is playing out is so weird - I've never heard of a bid reported as 'set to be rejected' before. Wonder if our last bid was final and Palace are pushing their luck. 

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Intriguing.

Smart deal. Lacroix is a top defender and he has only one year left in his contract. I had already written here recommending to you Lacroix some time ago... Palace will sell him in two years for 50m.

Have to draw the line and walk away at some point. Probably value to be had elsewhere for 65m. Hes very good, but he's not worth being held over a barrel for. Is he actually worth 65m too? The EUROS has inflated his value and isn't a good yardstick of how good a player is. 

Fuck Parish and Palace off and look elsewhere.

Time to look at alternatives, I’m afraid. £65m is seriously pushing it in terms of value and we can’t afford to keep pissfarting about waiting for Palace to leak their position through the Daily Mail. 

3 minutes ago, jigen said:

Smart deal. Lacroix is a top defender and he has only one year left in his contract. I had already written here recommending to you Lacroix some time ago... Palace will sell him in two years for 50m.

Let's just get him then

Pleased we missed him really, as for top class defender he is not,  He cost palace the win against Nantes last time out, when he was beat in the air.

lets just move on and thank our lucky stars we didnt waste our lot on him.

Edited by GeordieToon

9 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Liverpool will come in for 65m and a penny and parish will wank his little cock at that 

Based on nothing really but for some reason I do think Parish would be selling at this price to an ESL club. It looks like dreadful mismanagement to me tbh, but time will tell.

42 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're the only set of fans who could describe going all out for our number one target as "desperate", "pathetic" and "embarrassing".

And if we didn’t, and just went for any old shite, the same section of our fanbase would likely be saying the same thing 

I actually hope we don't do business with these wankers now. Move on and get someone else. After their sad protest and now this Palace are probably the club I hate the most after the mackems. If the term making up the numbers could manifest itself into a football club that club would be Palace. 

Just now, Sibierski said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if we tested waters with Everton for Braithwaite if we’re up to £65m for Guehi. 

If he wasn’t a left sided CB I’d agree.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if we tested waters with Everton for Braithwaite if we’re up to £65m for Guehi. 

Imagine, and they accepted, would also have the satisfaction of annoying Ratty Jim too. :lol:

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Or they can hang on for another year, Guehi has a breakout year, and they recoup the 65 they could've gotten from us anyway despite his contract expiring.

Guehi could've had this signed sealed and delivered by simply stating he wanted to play for newcastle, and would not be staying at palace, but he didn't.

That is a very big risk for Palace considering their level of commercial income & potential ownership changes. While they are a stable PL team, they're hardly a stable outfit for player progression - bouncing between managers and styles over the last few years. Finished last season well, aye, but it's hardly a precedent of anything with them that they'll automatically do well this campaign.

An average season and he could feasibly go for £20m, maybe even less, next summer if he doesn't extend.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

What a fuck on eh! I’m trying not to check as much and just look forward to the game tomorrow.
Bottom line is we have two weeks and yes a lot of time & effort seemingly has went into this move, but can’t let it spoil knowt with the match coming up. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hopefully we have an alternative in mind (probably haven’t) or can just spend more on a RW (probably won’t)

We will definitely have other targets in mind, various media reports say that we are in talks for other targets, although that could be us bluffing to try and force their hand. 

45 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think it's all just because it played out in public. It was the same with Maddison, but when you watch the amazon documentary the Gordon transfer would have looked like that if it wasn't kept hush hush.

Thats the (slighty) embarrasing part. 

Think it makes us look a little desperate when we are coming back with bid after bid and Palace keep leeking the numbers and the chairman publicy saying we are nowhere near their valuation.