Marc Guehi

gdm

Yeah think we will be reticent to do business with Palace again after this is done one way or the other. We seem to prefer teams like Forest and Chelsea who seem to deal with much less fuss. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m the opposite, I’m resigned to it happening and I’m not that happy about it given how much it’s going to cost and what that means for us strengthening in other areas 

Im the same if we are sacrificing getting a RW I’ll be very disappointed 

20 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah think we will be reticent to do business with Palace again after this is done one way or the other. We seem to prefer teams like Forest and Chelsea who seem to deal with much less fuss. 

Totally agree.

Having this saga drag out through the media is not in our culture at all. Just look at the way the Isak, Bruno and Botman deals were done.

Come in here to see if this cunt has signed yet, end up down a quantum mechanics thought experiment concerning quantum superposition rabbit hole

Fucksake

Edited by bobbydazzla

52 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s kinda of strange though, in that article from Waugh all of the alternatives also were PL based. Mitchell’s reputation at Monaco was based upon trimming the wage bill and bringing through talents so it’s quite surprising to me we are after such players. 

That’s of course unless we intend to ship out someone Schar maybe? 

I think the transfer strategy for this summer was already pretty much set prior to Mitchell coming in.

It's also increasingly clear, rightly or wrongly, that the aim for now is to fill in the remaining weaker positions in the first team with players that can come in straight away and perform in the league with no adjustment period.

This may well mean we are better positioned to attack the league and other competitions this season with less potential growing pains, at the cost of not getting in players with a potential higher ceiling further down the line.

Going forward I fully expect Mitchell's influence in the market to be more apparent.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think the transfer strategy for this summer was already pretty much set prior to Mitchell coming in.

It's also increasingly clear, rightly or wrongly, that the aim for now is to fill in the remaining weaker positions in the first team with players that can come in straight away and perform in the league with no adjustment period.

This may well mean we are better positioned to attack the league and other competitions this season with less potential growing pains, at the cost of not getting in players with a potential higher ceiling further down the line.

Going forward I fully expect Mitchell's influence in the market to be more apparent.

Is Schar weakness? Moment of madness aside he’s been one of our best players since Eddie came in. Of course he lacks pace as is getting on but I think he’d be fine for this season. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is Schar weakness? Moment of madness aside he’s been one of our best players since Eddie came in. Of course he lacks pace as is getting on but I think he’d be fine for this season. 

The weakness is not having our other starter Botman. 

And then going into next season I do think the plan is to have the new centre back then take over from Schar.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The weakness is not having our other starter Botman. 

And then going into next season I do think the plan is to have the new centre back then take over from Schar.

But that’s what we have Kelly and Burn for. Either one of those is going to have a future as a left back or we have one too many left sided centre half’s. 

Next season the picture changes a lot because Emi, Jamal and fab are all out of contract. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Pretty sure Guehi is going to replace Schar, so yes, that’s the area for improvement identified by Mitchell / Howe.

We won’t start Schar / Guehi together, we also won’t keep our record signing on bench. Schar must be the one going to sit.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

But that’s what we have Kelly and Burn for. Either one of those is going to have a future as a left back or we have one too many left sided centre half’s. 

Next season the picture changes a lot because Emi, Jamal and fab are all out of contract. 

Kelly is going to be at left back IMO.

Botman and Burn left centre back.

The new centre back and Schar right centre back.

Just now, KaKa said:

Kelly is going to be at left back IMO.

Botman and Burn left centre back.

The new centre back and Schar right centre back.

I can see that, so we need to shift Jamal Lewis and Targett asap then. If not they are going to rot, you’d also want to shift Jamal and Emi in January as well. 

Schar isn't a weakness, but he turns 33 this year and his deal expires at the end of the season. I'd fully expect him to sign an extension mind with the amount out of contract at the same time.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I can see that, so we need to shift Jamal Lewis and Targett asap then. If not they are going to rot, you’d also want to shift Jamal and Emi in January as well. 

Been pretty apparent that both Lewis and Targett are available, but no one wants them.

Lascelles getting injured till the new year, likely means he runs out his contract, as no one will buy him.

Krafth is worth keeping around as emergency cover for both centre back and right back. Trippier is older now, and Tino does pick up some knocks.

Just now, Cookie1892 said:

they can stick another 10 million on now we need him to replace Schar immediately

After his performance yesterday they can knock 10 million off.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Schar will be out for 3 games max, it isn’t a big deal. People really run with these narratives it’s wild. 

It's a fairly big deal. Krafth did well against Southampton but that's because all he had to do was defend and clear balls away. We'll miss Schar hugely in the next 3 games. Krafth is a big downgrade.

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Schar will be out for 3 games max, it isn’t a big deal. People really run with these narratives it’s wild. 

And one of them is a cup game he may well not have played in anyway.