Marc Guehi

gdm

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Fume on here if Liverpool buy Guehi and we buy Gomez will be of epic proportions :lol:

The fume would be justified. Not that I think we would be dumb enough to do it.

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

If we don’t get Guehi, I would prefer we sit tight until January and don’t waste money on a lesser player 

We’d probably have to wait until next summer for a really top player. I guess. 

I’d rather sign Chris Wood and play him on the right wing than sign Gomez. Not many players I like less than him in this league. Absolutely conned his way into a career in football that lad.

45 minutes ago, Troll said:

Dominic Solanke just went for 65m.  If we want players to take us to the next level, we have to pay.  Gomez or Chalobah are the sort of players you sign if you want to compete with the likes of West Ham.

Not sure Solanke and the £65m Spurs paid is a very accurate bar to judge how much others should spend on transfers to compete with the likes of West Ham!

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d rather sign Chris Wood and play him on the right wing than sign Gomez. Not many players I like less than him in this league. Absolutely conned his way into a career in football that lad.

I’d suggest that’s a tad harsh (and bizarre) for someone with 140 appearances for Liverpool in an era where they’ve mainly been superb, as well as 15 England caps.

1 hour ago, ohmelads said:

If we're trying to close the monumental gap on teams above us, paying over the odds for their backup players doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Yeah, good thing we never signed that backup Cole Palmer.

I’d rather just do business with foreign clubs who, despite looking after their own interests, don’t really give a shit about our success. If we focus on premier league signings then we have to deal with wealthy clubs that have been conspiring to introduce rules specifically designed to prevent us from being successful. Our situation and relationship with these clubs isn’t normal.

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’d rather just do business with foreign clubs who, despite looking after their own interests, don’t really give a shit about our success. If we focus on premier league signings then we have to deal with wealthy clubs that have been conspiring to introduce rules specifically designed to prevent us from being successful. Our situation and relationship with these clubs isn’t normal.

This is a very good point, tbf. 

16 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Not sure Solanke and the £65m Spurs paid is a very accurate bar to judge how much others should spend on transfers to compete with the likes of West Ham!

More that the market is crazy and you have to pay big fees.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Me personally, once he did that initial interview about 'superstar money', with that dumb hair on his head, I would have been out.

But it seems we really like Guehi and so are putting up with that irritating man running his mouth on TV every 5 mins.

Edited by KaKa

What's with the Gomez hate? Are we back into thinking that we should only sign "elite" players with the 7th highest income in the league and barely any sellable assets? I don't even know that much about Gomez, but I know enough to tell that we would be much better off playing him than Krafth. Which is where we are at when Schär is out injured or suspended. I thought Liverpool fans kind of liked Gomez. Not even saying we have to sign him, I just don't see why it would be so horrible.

Edited by Erikse

22 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Unfortunately we are pretty much on par with Villa and West Ham in terms of spending power, all things considered in terms of FFP. Maybe ever so slightly above, but the gap between us and the others above us is quite a bit higher.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What's with the Gomez hate? Are we back into thinking that we should only sign "elite" players with the 7th highest income in the league and barely any sellable assets? I don't even know that much about Gomez, but I know enough to tell that we would be much better off playing him than Krafth. Which is where we are at when Schär is out injured or suspended. I thought Liverpool fans kind of liked Gomez. Not even saying we have to sign him, I just don't see why it would be so horrible.

Overpriced, injury prone and we would be helping out a club we are trying to catch. 

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He's a backup at a club above us and so tthat means we will never catch-up, apparently.

I'm not even sure on him myself, and yet this kind of thinking pains me.

Right up there with how we will never progress signing players from clubs like Bournemouth, when we picked up Kelly.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's a backup at a club above us and so tthat means we will never catch-up, apparently.

I'm not even sure on him myself, and yet this kind of thinking pains me.

Right up there with how we will never progress signing players from clubs like Bournemouth, when we picked up Kelly.

I just feel like it's another one of those players that seems like a bad signing on the outside, but after a full season we all agree that it was actually pretty helpful. 40 seems a bit too much, but I don't think the club would pay that.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Overpriced, injury prone and we would be helping out a club we are trying to catch. 

He has played 5000 minutes the last 3 seasons and gotten injured once. He was out for 5 games. He has had 2 nasty injuries since 2016 (and 2 more before that), but I'm not really seeing a lot of muscular injuries and minor injuries like Wilson for example.

Edited by Erikse