Marc Guehi

gdm

People continue to claim it leaves us with no money to do anything else or it leaves us no time to do anything else.

Neither is a fact we are certain of. Does it just make people feel better to assert these things or what?!

Just now, KaKa said:

People continue to claim it leaves us with no money to do anything else or it leaves us no time to do anything else.

Neither is a fact we are certain of. Does it just make people feel better to assert these things or what?!

It’s been said as much by more than a couple journalists or at least limits us in what we can do (loan to buy etc) no one is claiming it randomly we are going off the likes of Douglas, Downie, Hope etc it’s all we can go off 

Just now, gdm said:

It’s been said as much by more than a couple journalists or at least limits us in what we can do (loan to buy etc) no one is claiming it randomly we are going off the likes of Douglas, Downie, Hope etc it’s all we can go off 

Problem is that the journalists are often treating speculation as fact. They haven't had the best track record since our takeover.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Do long protracted transfers like these ever end up well, feels like the pressure ramps up even more on player.

At 70 million where having our pants pulled down here, but fear we’ve got nowhere else to turn at this late stage.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Problem is that the journalists are often treating speculation as fact. They haven't had the best track record since our takeover.

I don’t disagree but it’s all we’ve got 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Seems to me folks choose to believe the worst of everything, when half the time they rubbish what these guys report.

There's been just as many reports saying we have other options that we've been working on concurrently, and that we are still looking at options for the right wing.

We'll know for sure in a few days.

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Considering it’s highly unlikely we’ll be getting fees for any of our players, it’s fair to assume spending £70m on Guehi (on top of Hall / Greek Guy / Osula deals) that’s our transfer spend gone this window. 

Loan with option/obligation onto next seasons accounts seems to be our only option for RW, unless we feel we can take a gamble and get fees for players in January. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

There's a very clear pattern of so many journalists and commentators saying 'black' and then when white happens, retrospectively asserting how white was inevitable, usually citing a previous tweet from their scattergun approach. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Seems to me folks choose to believe the worst of everything, when half the time they rubbish what these guys report.

There's been just as many reports saying we have other options that we've been working in concurrently, and that we are still looking at options for the right wing.

Not long now before we can slam this fucker shut!

Just now, KaKa said:

There's been just as many reports saying we have other options that we've been working in concurrently, and that we are still looking at options for the right wing.

What’s for sure is we don’t have massive room PSR wise 

It’s a lot of money but a signing like this has a few positive knock on effects aside from the obvious ones. It will surely placate Gordon for a start and will also send the message to other players and even fans that the club will spend to improve the team. Another huge bonus would be keeping Howe happy if he’s desperate for him. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a very clear pattern of so many journalists and commentators saying 'black' and then when white happens, retrospectively asserting how white was inevitable, usually citing a previous tweet from their scattergun approach. 

It's infuriating given how careful I have had to be reporting on anything with my latest gig, especially when we could easily fall into a defamtion suit if we aren't as careful as possible.

I honestly don't see the worry or clamour for RW. If we shore up our defence, we'll be fine. We scored goals for fun last season we just conceded far too many.

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

The pleading shite

As Heron said it’s just Sensationalist language that journalists like to use. I very much doubt they mean he’s on his knees hands clasped. Could simply mean he’s been on at them. Mon tae fuck this is nothing new you need to see past it, read between the lines etc. it’s a journalists job to sensationalise. Hardly catches the eye if they report “Howe’s been askin again”