Marc Guehi

gdm

He will be captaining palace v Norwich tomorrow and clapping all 4 corners of the ground after the game again

Edited by jack j

19 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think the fee will weigh on his mind, he comes across as top level headed for that to be a factor.

The unusual thing with this transfer is that we have always looked for opportunities in the market with players that we can exploit, yet arguably we are the ones being exploited here, by paying over the odds based on his performance at the Euros.

He is going to have to put in some worldie performances to maintain that value.

Agree with this. It’s different from every transfer we’ve done.

Sitting on my balcony in Cala Bona watching the sea gently lap the shore as I drink a nice bottle of white wine, bored as Fuck with this window.

30 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think the fee will weigh on his mind, he comes across as top level headed for that to be a factor.

The unusual thing with this transfer is that we have always looked for opportunities in the market with players that we can exploit, yet arguably we are the ones being exploited here, by paying over the odds based on his performance at the Euros.

He is going to have to put in some worldie performances to maintain that value.

We are in a difficult position where we need real quality players to challenge for top 4 but can't offer European football or crazy wages. So whilst the fee is high I still think it's an opportunistic signing in a way that's there's not going to be competition from any of the other top clubs that there would be in most other windows. 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sitting on my balcony in Cala Bona watching the sea gently lap the shore as I drink a nice bottle of white wine, bored as Fuck with this window.

My first ever holiday! What's it like now?

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

Can confirm, sitting on my balcony in Santa Eulalia and I'm bored as fuck drinking my Estrella.

51 minutes ago, James said:

I thought that there is a clause that meant that Chelsea get a higher sell on % if he signs after start of season.

which in my eyes makes this deal less likely

Who the fuck even thinks of that as a clause?

59 minutes ago, James said:

I thought that there is a clause that meant that Chelsea get a higher sell on % if he signs after start of season.

which in my eyes makes this deal less likely

I never said that at all like. That’s been fabricated from the snippet of info I shared from an agent that said we had financial reasons to get the deal done before the start of the season, and said it had something to do with “a Chelsea clause”. No idea on details further than that.

9 hours ago, junkhead said:

And then Guehi turns out to be a bit shit. Imo he doesn't have the qualities but I won't get into that again.. Does he have the character to handle the massively inflated fee? 15 of the top 20 transfers in the PL couldn't.. far better footballers and stronger characters than fucking Guehi if I may add..

Screenshot_20240826-221827.png

Tbf, half that list is due to Chelsea and Man Utd just spunking money at anything that moves.

Palace are at home to Norwich tonight in the Carabao Cup. Knowing Newcastle’s ambitions to win a trophy, I don’t think we will be dropping £70m on a cup-tied Marc Guehi, so it’ll be a telling sign if he’s missing from their squad.

Edited by GeordieToon