Marc Guehi

gdm

I just had a thought, maybe the deal is already agreed and they are just waiting until the end of to transfer window to make it public so that Palace can have an excuse to the fans as to why they didnt have time to properly replace him? To tinfoilhatty?

Just now, Displayname said:

I just had a thought, maybe the deal is already agreed and they are just waiting until the end of to transfer window to make it public so that Palace can have an excuse to the fans as to why they didnt have time to properly replace him? To tinfoilhatty?

Don’t think we’d be letting him turn out for Palace if the deal was agreed…

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Why wouldn’t they want to replace him? Why would we do that when Guehi could in theory fail his medical and leave us with nothing on the last day?

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why wouldn’t they want to replace him? Why would we do that when Guehi could in theory fail his medical and leave us with nothing on the last day?

Properly replace him, as in spending alot of money. Good point about the medical. Could have done one informally beforehand, but then i guess its going way to far into conspiracy land.

Edited by Displayname

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think we’d be letting him turn out for Palace if the deal was agreed…

Might have been a condition of the deal and not up to us. If they did leave him out they could hardly claim that we surprisingly came with a last minute offer that was to good to turn down. And that because of the late timing they didnt have time to reinvest the funds into the squad.

I know im being silly here, dont think to ill of me.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

If play him tonight, it's not happening.

Think that's why we started hearing last night/this morning of a new bid likely being accepted.

One thing missing a couple of Prem games, but being cup tied would be ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Not convinced being cup tied would make any particular difference to the deal to be honest. We’ll be thinking long term, not just about a potential 5 games missed.

Zero games missed.

GOAL: Wood

ASSIST: Anderson

11 hours ago, Memphis said:

This is all very dramatic and I don't really understand the mindset - especially with several days still left in the window. 

How many do you think we'll get in? Right wing is still a major issue for me. Neither Murphy or Almiron are good enough.