Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

So much talent out there being snapped up by other clubs and here we are, trying to overpay for Guehi and still not getting it done.

Heads need to roll because of this. Shambles doesn't even begin to cover it.

It’ll be disappointing for sure but who’s heads would you want to roll exactly?

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Massively overpriced. Feel a bit concerned that anyone in the club wants to blow our entire budget in him tbh.

However, bringing no RCB and no RW in this windows is incredibly bad.

at least we have 8 keepers now 

I’m pretty sure you used to be one of the positive ones 😂

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

So much talent out there being snapped up by other clubs and here we are, trying to overpay for Guehi and still not getting it done.

Heads need to roll!

:spit:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m pretty sure you used to be one of the positive ones 😂

I think even the most extreme happy clapper (not saying Shearergol is) can admit this summer has been an absolute shit show. Constantly mentioning Ashley every time people are visibly upset about something is so lame.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure. Can't see us paying £70m for a player who we can't even use in the competition that realistically we've got the best chance of winning.

Whole saga has been a complete shit show.

The club prioritises European qualification imo, though obviously the cup presents a route into that, winning the cup is small compared to what European football brings. 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Just 4 weeks since this broke. Should've been concluded one way or the other ages ago.

Fairly unimpressive last few windows from the club, it has to be said.

It probably was concluded ages ago - we’re all buying into reported supplies stories and using them to judge the club on.

This is the same press when they report we’re selling someone we say they know fuck all.

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Not the best choice of words, mind

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Careful, Saudi team might get ideas and jump into some PIF owned private jets. 

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

If we got an offer for Isak and we turned it down as we had no desire to see. He then got injured for a couple of months - people wouldn’t be saying “we’ve fucked ourselves there as we could have sold him”. It only makes a difference if they wanted to sell.

It was a throw away comment. Forget it mate. It’s not that big a deal. Just reckon if he gets a year long injury on a 2 year contract they’ll kick themselves for not taking the £70m 

he won’t get injured so it really doesn’t matter 

5 minutes ago, SAK said:

Come on, the Tapsoba link wasn’t realistic? My question is do we want to fill a position or do we want

Guehi which are two different things.

We've been linked with plenty of goalkeepers.

Technically they can all play CB, with the added benefit being, that they can also use their hands.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I think even the most extreme happy clapper (not saying Shearergol is) can admit this summer has been an absolute shit show. Constantly mentioning Ashley every time people are visibly upset about something is so lame.

The club have done brilliantly to change direction and upgrade their finishing position and squad since the Bootcut Bellend and Bruce left but it feels the last few months have seen us tread on a rake or three. It’s not bed wetting to highlight when the club haven’t done something well, or face the “I was there during the real hard times” crowd.

Just now, Ste said:

The club prioritises European qualification imo, though obviously the cup presents a route into that, winning the cup is small compared to what European football brings. 

Can't see us any higher than 7th this season, so we're likely counting on the FA Cup winners having already qualified for Europe. We really need to win the League Cup tbh. Think a trophy will help encourage Isak, Bruno and Gordon to stay. Otherwise 7th and Europa or even 8-9th and nowt and they'll want out.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Mokbel, the Parish mouthpiece, said this would be resolved in the next 48 hours yesterday evening. At least we should be put out of misery tomorrow, either way.

That cunt has got nowt right at any moment.

29 minutes ago, Menace said:

Nothing as lame as being visibly upset about a football club not yet buying a player or two you want 

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

The club have done brilliantly to change direction and upgrade their finishing position and squad since the Bootcut Bellend and Bruce left but it feels the last few months have seen us tread on a rake or three. It’s not bed wetting to highlight when the club haven’t done something well, or face the “I was there during the real hard times” crowd.

I feel like you’re playing down with “highlight when the club hasn’t done well” - on this page alone I’ve read “heads need to roll”, “absolute travesty” and “this summers been a shit show”

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Can't see us any higher than 7th this season, so we're likely counting on the FA Cup winners having already qualified for Europe. We really need to win the League Cup tbh. Think a trophy will help encourage Isak, Bruno and Gordon to stay. Otherwise 7th and Europa or even 8-9th and nowt and they'll want out.

Agreed, rumours that Tindall will leave Eddie too if we don’t make it.