Marc Guehi

gdm

If the club were to come out and say hey, supporters, we know teams need fresh blood, but we have a unified belief that we’re in a really good position and it’s far better in this day in age to make the right signings vs just any signings and we truly thought we were after the right ones — so don’t take this as stagnation, take it as a step in a well considered plan forward that we all agree with. We’ll, I’m not sure I’d 100% buy it, but you could at least say okay, well, let’s go ahead and prove it on the pitch. Not sure we’ll get anything like that, though. 

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

If the club were to come out and say hey, supporters, we know teams need fresh blood, but we have a unified belief that we’re in a really good position and it’s far better in this day in age to make the right signings vs just any signings and we truly thought we were after the right ones — so don’t take this as stagnation, take it as a step in a well considered plan forward that we all agree with. We’ll, I’m not sure I’d 100% buy it, but you could at least say okay, well, let’s go ahead and prove it on the pitch. Not sure we’ll get anything like that, though. 

With Amanda gone we won't get anything, Eales will probably speak in November or something 

10 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

I wouldn't say we're necessarily owed that explanation but if that is the case then I would absolutely accept it. In fact I'd actually admire it and it would fire me up no end when it comes to hoping for a good season. I love the team we've got already.

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wish you had any evidence for this. 

Even if there is a change in the organisation and a difference in approaches, they’re both professionals and I would hope it’ll be resolved and come up with a joint shortlist for the future. That’s how most clubs work.  

I don’t think it’s a secret that Howe likes to have a lot of control over things. I also think it was made pretty clear by him at the time that the Mitchell appointment wasn’t welcome news.

It would be very weird for us to pursue a defender for that much money (and who we’re unlikely to be able to attract after this window IMO) and not have a back up in mind in case the deal didn’t come off. If that’s what happens then we can only assume the direction is being given by the manager.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

I don’t think it’s a secret that Howe likes to have a lot of control over things. I also think it was made pretty clear by him at the time that the Mitchell appointment wasn’t welcome news.

It would be very weird for us to pursue a defender for that much money (and who we’re unlikely to be able to attract after this window IMO) and not have a back up in mind in case the deal didn’t come off. If that’s what happens then we can only assume the direction is being given by the manager.

Can we?

54 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I totally get this opinion. However…

Would you rather back EH & the current squad during a season without European distractions and get the RCB & RW we WANT next summer without selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon and hope we get top 4-6.

Or…

Would you want that RCB & RW this summer and have a greater chance of making top 4 and winning a cup you’d think BUT regardless if you do achieve it or you don’t you MUST lose two of Bruno/Isak/Gordon to pay for them albeit 12 months down the line so possibly being even worse off?

That is the possible dilemma this window seems to be posing that not enough on here are understanding. Transformative can be achieved in so many ways. Don’t equate it only to spending big this window like most of you are.

Well of course in the scenario you presented give me the first option, however that's a very positive spin you are putting on things

If the club said we don't have the money and we have to hang fire I would be totally cool with it

However, we know the money is there, I just massively disagree that ONLY Marc Guehi is the solution, something or someone is utterly messed up if that's the case. Firstly I don't think he's at that elite level and secondly a club that operates on the basis of only having one target is a badly run club

What if Guehi was to get injured today, do we just cease existing as a club? 

If the money is there and we have failed to buy in an area we need players it's simply negligence, as to who is responsible that I can't say so I'd rather just be critical of the window instead of anyone specific 

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If it's true I still think we should just pay the extra £5m like :lol:

That's a big if. The usual spouting heads have had that many figures and stories with absolutely nothing confirmed. How much did they want ? Have they changed their terms? Etc. Do you trust Hope, Edwards etc to actually know ?