Marc Guehi

gdm

I'd be really happy for this to happen now.

If only because it will point to things being well behind the scenes.

If we end up having some major fallout and having to change manager it will be devastating for the current bunch of players I think.

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If it's true I still think we should just pay the extra £5m like :lol:

Or we could just buy a different centre back. Although might have missed the boat there now...

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m having a go at people who make assumptions or try to pin blame on people without having the first clue about how any of it works.

Im not happy with the lack of incomings… of course… but I don’t see any point in making up stories to rile myself up and create issues in my mind 🤷‍♂️

With all due respect, do you? Beyond knowing that a player wants the move and the club are confident? 

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, Parish is a cartel 6 shill and a pillock to boot. This isn’t getting done imo. If that report is true and he’s moving goalposts this late in the game then it’s not a goer.

After that first interview I wanted out immediately!

Knew he was on some BS right then and there.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

With all due respect, do you? Beyond knowing that a player wants the move and the club are confident? 

No, I don’t (apart from tidbits about Howe and Mitchell’s relationship being good) which is why I’m refraining from speculating and making a bigger deal out of something than needs be.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'd be really happy for this to happen now.

If only because it will point to things being well behind the scenes.

If we end up having some major fallout and having to change manager it will be devastating for the current bunch of players I think.

How would it? The issue appears to be that Howe has identified Guehi and That’s it. Mitchell has other options. Getting Guehi now only means Howe Got his way doesn’t prove that there is no issues 

Just now, gdm said:

How would it? The issue appears to be that Howe has identified Guehi and That’s it. Mitchell has other options. Getting Guehi now only means Howe Got his way doesn’t prove that there is no issues 

As it stands, that is still a big assumption. And once again, he seemed to really like Thiaw. Craig Hope is not exactly a reliable narrator on this.

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

As it stands, that is still a big assumption. And once again, he seemed to really like Thiaw. Craig Hope is not exactly a reliable narrator on this.

Can only go on what’s reported mate. 

This "Howe said it's Guehi or no one" is total bullshit. Like What if he said rightaway he has no interest in moving to Newcastle? Of course we have other targets, we might just have missed them or are waiting for example a Chelsea loanee / Chalobah etc. Or then we get no one. No club identifies one player and then accepts nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That’s a lot of assumptions in one post.

Again, can only go on what’s being reported. I’ve not assumed anything. I’m going off the report from Craig Hope

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think getting him his top target this first window is far more likely to lead to better things later on.

If this whole thing falls apart at the first hurdle due to disagreements behind the scenes, it's going to be a huge mess.

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Hope has contacts inside the club so that’s likely where that’s come from. I’d be more worried that the club are putting it out there tbh.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, think we'd need a bit of help at thr players end, which doesn't look particularly likely.

Yeah I've said a week ago he isn't really giving the impression of a player who is fussed about moving here.