Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Harry 209 said:

Per BBC "Palace captain Marc Guehi was also guilty of some questionable defending in the first half"

Will they keep saying he's had his head turned ?

I mean there is the slight chance he's vexxed about how the summer turned out and its effecting his performances, rather than him just turning into trash.

Be as professional as you want but most of us are human

Not suggesting we go back in for him fwiw.

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Oof. Playing exactly like someone who didn't get a move. Palace are even bigger mugs than us for not accepting what was offered.

Yep, Parish played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.  The lad has had his head turned, and no-one will pay big money in Jan.  And next summer plenty of clubs are likely to wait (assuming CP are in the PL).

A short burst of form at the end of last season has given them delusions of grandeur.  

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Oof. Playing exactly like someone who didn't get a move. Palace are even bigger mugs than us for not accepting what was offered.

Is he though? I’ve never watched him week on week but I did enough digging in their forum to find quite a few incidents both before we were linked and during of their fans saying he often gets caught and done like that. (Their not going to say it now though)

Ive always thought - if both are 100% then on their day I’d rather have Botman.

Edited by Gawalls

Haven’t seen his recent lapses, and tbf hadn’t really noticed him pre Euros, but do wonder whether it is about change of partnerships rather than upset at not leaving the tiny fuckwitarama that is Glass Hovel. 
Sometimes it looks like Player A has made a mistake/does make a mistake but it is because he has been covering for what Player B used to do and Player C doesn’t (regardless of whether Player C is worse, better, or pretty much the same overall quality of the former partner). 

3 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Is he though? I’ve never watched him week on week but I did enough digging in their forum to find quite a few incidents both before we were linked and during of their fans saying he often gets caught and done like that. (Their not going to say it now though)

I’d rather have Botman and Guehi

4 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Think he's more the long-term replacement for Schär, but yeah I've not seen him done like that before tbh. 

Let’s see who ends up paying over the odds on players in January when they’re threatened by relegation. Silly twats win shite prizes, going to struggle to stop laughing when this all backfires on Parish in a few months

I’ve always found the idea Liverpool would be after him as a Van Dijk replacement weird. Guehi is the type of player you might partner with a player like that, but he’s never going to be the main man in defence for a top team. £70m, what the fucking hell was going on.

He is elite at passing, and he does have good pace even if he had issues yesterday. He’s not great in the air, he’s good with the ball at his feet but he can make errors under pressure like most CBs. He’s a really good defender but he’s nowhere near “superstar” level and I don’t think he’ll improve dramatically from this point to get to that level 

He's a great player, early season form doesn't change that, but I have to agree with those saying Palace have overplayed their hand, they'll not get a fee like we were offering. It's going to interesting to see whether he pulls himself back round, or, the pressure is now on for him to perform and he can't cope. 

Was consistent in my belief he wasn't worth anywhere near what they were asking for during the summer. 

At fault for both goals yesterday. He's in the "good" bracket of Premier league defenders but he's not worth anywhere near what it would have cost to get him. 

All that hype in the summer from the media for a few England performances, where if you go back and watch them, he really didn't do anything outstanding.

People were just grasping at any positives to take from the games...one of which is that the untried Maguire replacement didn't completely shit the bed. 

I’m not convinced that Eddie Howe decides on a player’s worth based on what the press publish.  I’m going to go with Howe knowing more about centre halves than the press and any of us on here - if Howe felt he was worth pushing the boat out for, that’ll do for me. 

I'm not saying Eddie did. I'm saying the hype around him, helped Palace believe they could quote ridiculous sums. 

I'm glad we walked away, even though it means we got no one. The criticism isn't that we didn't pay what was required, it's that we haven't identified any viable alternatives to Guehi. 

Edited by alexf

19 minutes ago, alexf said:

I'm not saying Eddie did. I'm saying the hype around him, helped Palace believe they could quote ridiculous sums. 

I'm glad we walked away, even though it means we got no one. The criticism isn't that we didn't pay what was required, it's that we haven't identified any viable alternatives to Guehi. 

We did but they went elsewhere. EH said that in one of his PC’s. Maybe the one this week.

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We did but they went elsewhere. EH said that in one of his PC’s. Maybe the one this week.

If Tosin didn’t get his head turned by Chelsea, Eddie was fine spending 0 on a transfer fee for him. Also few of the journalists saying Eddie warned the club that Parish would be reluctant to sell. 

Parish has stood firm and now won’t get what we were offering in the summer even if it was below their valuation. Seems his form as also dipped a little so maybe he is unsettled. 

I don’t buy the “he’s shite” comments now 😂 He’s still a quality defender who would as loads to our back line but he’s a 40-45m defender whose price soared due to the euros. We were probably prepared to go over a bit but stopped when Palace wouldn’t budge and got too greedy. Be interesting to see what happens with him moving forward. He’ll probably go for 40m off in the summer with a year left. My guess is we’ll go elsewhere now.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, alexf said:

We agreed to pay them £65m.  Then they moved it to £70m and we didn’t move on it.

So Howe clearly thinks the lad was worth at least £65m.