Marc Guehi

gdm

Times article today was saying that Howe told Mitchell that Palace were unlikely to sell Guehi anyway.

No idea if that's true, obviously, but I wouldn't be putting this debacle squarely on Howe if it is. 

7 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Haven’t seen his recent lapses, and tbf hadn’t really noticed him pre Euros, but do wonder whether it is about change of partnerships rather than upset at not leaving the tiny fuckwitarama that is Glass Hovel. 
Sometimes it looks like Player A has made a mistake/does make a mistake but it is because he has been covering for what Player B used to do and Player C doesn’t (regardless of whether Player C is worse, better, or pretty much the same overall quality of the former partner). 

Someone made this point yesterday, it's easy to forget just what a good defender Andersen was alongside Guehi. He offered all the physical attributes and positional sense which would have complimented Guehi perfectly. I remember us being linked with Andersen a year ago and watching a video of him came away really impressed, and I'm not usually a fan of defenders who aren't the quickest.

Still reckon we should of offered more to tosin in signing on fee and wages too makesure we got him. Then we more than likely would've getting a cracking right winger for the money we had left. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Still reckon we should have offered more to tosin in signing on fee and wages too makesure we got him. Then we more than likely would've getting a cracking right winger for the money we had left. 

Whatever you offer, Chelsea will go higher. Liverpool learned that with Caicedo.

FWIW mate is a palace season ticket holder and said scoreline on the weekend would have been much worse without him. Left exposed and made plenty of good defensive contributions not on the highlights.

Having Schar back yesterday highlights how important progressive centre backs are to us. I reckon we will be back in for him. 

3 hours ago, jigen said:

He is a 35-40m player. You were lucky that Palace rejected your crazy offer. Howe should stay away from the market. 

I agree with you on the valuation. You can’t however fault EH’s transfer record with us so far. Especially in the position we found ourselves in. Remember. Virtually no one needs our money in the EPL or wants to help us. So there will always be a premium most of the time if a prized asset. Talk of £60-75m was crazy though.

I think we dodged a bullet big time. 37-year-old Jamie Vardy outpaced him to open the scoring.

There were also question marks over his involvement in the Foxes’ second goal when he failed to deal with James Justin’s cross, which resulted in Stephy Mavididi tapping home. Parish is going to struggle to get 35mil never mind 70mil.