Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

He does tick a lot of boxes though doesn’t he? We have Botman alongside him so maybe he can take care of slot of the Ariel battles. Plus we have some midfielders who are capable on that department.

No one's said it yet, but would also mark the beginning of the end for Schar as you could hardly call Guehi an understudy.

Shades of the Isak transfer in terms of it coming completely out of the blue after weeks of us allegedly pursuing another player (Joao Pedro/Thiaw).

Hopefully can be tied up as quickly as that was - from story breaking to completion was really quick wasn’t it? 

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Off to Chelsea for £80m and £200k per week, is what I'm hearing.

Don't know if that's tongue in cheek but I'm not getting too excited because I wouldn't rule it out. :lol:

I honestly don’t think it worths the price. 60m for a good CB, but not world class, is really expensive.

Better than nothing of course. Just under the PSR limitation I hope we go for better options (if any)

1 minute ago, TRon said:

No one's said it yet, but would also mark the beginning of the end for Schar as you could hardly call Guehi an understudy.

You'll be lucky to see Botman again this year. It will be Schars spot to lose.

50 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Yep, which may have led to the leak. As if it’s one club less, if there’s another out there, they’ll want them to come to the negotiating party. 

De Ligt is <£40m. Guehi will cost a minimum of £60m. I can't see us being anywhere near it. 

Odd that we had been linked with his CB partner Andersen before, which would make more sense as a Schar replacement. Seems like an opportunistic swoop, this.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Few are, but I don’t think that players in specific positions necessarily need specific physical attributes.  In terms of wingers, Waddle, Ginola and Solano weren’t exactly shit off a stick, but did ok for us.

£60m doesn’t look crackers for an England centre back to me tbh.  Stones was £50m eight years ago, and Maguire was £80m

I feel like i'm making a basic and uncontroversial point.

Certain positions you favour certain attributes. Pace is one for wingers, aye there's lots of examples of slow wingers (yesteryear at least) but it's still a uncontroversial take  as a preference.

To your point - I do think height/aerial prowess is less of an issue for CBs these days. More and more are undersized.. but the 3 best teams in the division don't do that nonsense.

£80m for Maguire was crackers.

Maybe it's worth swerving England CBs.

You're making me come across worse than I intend. Because I also don't love a Schar-Guehi partnership. a Guehi - Botman partnership looks much better though,

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Shades of the Isak transfer in terms of it coming completely out of the blue after weeks of us allegedly pursuing another player (Joao Pedro/Thiaw).

Hopefully can be tied up as quickly as that was - from story breaking to completion was really quick wasn’t it? 

Isak move super quick though. This is much more cautiously worded.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I feel like i'm making a basic and uncontroversial point.

Certain positions you favour certain attributes. Pace is one for wingers, aye there's lots of examples of slow wingers (yesteryear at least) but it's still a uncontroversial take  as a preference.

To your point - I do think height/aerial prowess is less of an issue for CBs these days. More and more are undersized.. but the 3 best teams in the division don't do that nonsense.

£80m for Maguire was crackers.

Maybe it's worth swerving England CBs.

You're making me come across worse than I intend. Because I also don't love a Schar-Guehi partnership. a Guehi - Botman partnership looks much better though,

Not trying to make you look bad, just disagree re the lad’s quality

I would think that Botman-Guehi would be the intended partnership

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

You'll be lucky to see Botman again this year. It will be Schars spot to lose.

Yep - looking at Jan Xmas break for him to be back - may sneak in towards Xmas - he won’t be fully back to his best until pre season you’d think 

Just now, Fak said:

What will the Palace ultras do if their club willingly accepts Saudi blood money for one of their prized gems?

Burn it on stage like the KLF would be my bet

(Or cheer on the new signings they’ll make with the profit.  One or the other)

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

De Ligt is <£40m. Guehi will cost a minimum of £60m. I can't see us being anywhere near it. 

You need to - I read somewhere you had the worst injurt record of last season :bluestar:

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

When I was having my breakfast in the Copthorne this morning there was a big good looking black guy with headphones and horrible Croc like trainers walking up and down the quayside, I'm 20% sure it was him 

I wasn't there....but I'm going to say more like 25%

2 minutes ago, Fak said:

What will the Palace ultras do if their club willingly accepts Saudi blood money for one of their prized gems?

God help us if they see those carefully concealed advertising hoardings