Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d rather move on then get rinsed 

I'd argue £65M for a 24yr old who could potentially be the heart of the defence for at least half a decade isn't getting rinsed.

Alternatively we could spend £30M on a CB who ends up being a poor buy and having to get rid in a couple of years. 

£55 million + an additional £5 million is an exceptional offer.

If that's really been rejected. No need for anymore please.

Let them keep him and we'll see how his future plays out with them.

I mean we could play fantasy all day long about what’s a good buy, terrible buy, amazing buy before any of them happen. The reality is, we had to sell a great prospect this summer in order not to face a big points penalty and we had to explore other deals we didn’t want to make. We have to have a limit to how far we’ll go. Signing a £30m defender who doesn’t perform would be shit, signing a £30m defender who proves to be amazing would be class. Let’s just wait and see what happens on that front but we can’t be getting bullied in negotiations when we’re such a fragile club financially 

Just been browsing the Guehi thread on the CPFC equivalent of this site - it seems many on there aren't too bothered what the outcome of this saga is, with a few thinking he wouldn't be too badly missed. 

3 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Just been browsing the Guehi thread on the CPFC equivalent of this site - it seems many on there aren't too bothered what the outcome of this saga is, with a few thinking he wouldn't be too badly missed. 

Well that’s a bit silly. 

10 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'd argue £65M for a 24yr old who could potentially be the heart of the defence for at least half a decade isn't getting rinsed.

Alternatively we could spend £30M on a CB who ends up being a poor buy and having to get rid in a couple of years. 

I agree but talk of superstar money and generational talent doesn’t fill with confidence 

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ah, I never get this. If we're a few million away or whatever from the target we see as the first choice as our long term signing, surely it's worth pursuing? 

I already think they have moved on. We have given 3 different bids now and surely there has been discussions between the two clubs of what was required. Got a feeling goalposts have been moved. You can't let other clubs piss on you and I'm quite sure our owners will be of the same opinion 

Edited by et tu brute

13 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He goes into the last year of his contract next summer.

Offering £60 million, only for Parish to come out talking about superstar money, is ridiculous stuff from him.

It's not just a fair offer. It's a great offer.

We've signed numerous players in that £30 million range that have been great for us. 

More than happy to go that route again.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I already think they have moved on. We have given 3 different bids now and surely the discussions between the two. Luba of what was required. Got a feeling goalposts have been moved. You can't let other clubs piss on you and I'm quite sure our owners will be of the same opinion 

It's only 3-4 days since the 3rd offer going by Downie who seems on the ball. The club will know when to walk away or if a deal is still there for us.

2 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I dunno why but the term generational talent has annoyed me. It’s Marc Guehi ffs not Nesta or Cannavaro.

He's a Muppet.

But then what would you expect from someone that actually paid us money to take Pardew off our hands.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's only 3-4 days since the 3rd offer going by Downie who seems on the ball. The club will know when to walk away or if a deal is still there for us.

As I said, I think they have already moved away and that's why Parish was straight onto sky imo. I'll be very surprised if anything else happens now from our side.

Could maybe stretch from £55m + £5m to a flat out £60m but even that's on the border of acceptability.

Then again, if the alternative is only Thiaw, maybe it's worth pushing with Guehi.

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Could maybe stretch from £55m + £5m to a flat out £60m but even that's on the border of acceptability.

Then again, if the alternative is only Thiaw, maybe it's worth pushing with Guehi.

If our only alternative is Thiaw our scouts need a shake! 😆

29 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Just like Ashworth was deemed a liability in here after going.

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Asworth hasn't struck a bat yet, he's just signing players Ten Hag wants 

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Tbf Palace just put their best run of form together in years from January, and Guehi played about 95 minutes of it (in midfield, mostly)... Can see why their fans may think they can get by without him. 

At this point I’d be happy to start Kelly alongside Schar and have Hall at LB. Kelly is 3” taller and looks quicker to me.  Bournemouth fans seem to really rate Kelly, we can’t get fixated over Guehi.

At this point I’d be happy to start Kelly alongside Schar and have Hall at LB. Kelly is 3” taller and looks quicker to me.  Bournemouth fans seem to really rate Kelly, we can’t get fixated over Guehi.