Marc Guehi

gdm

Walk away , we are talking Isak levels of money here and however good the lad is it's safe to assume he's not in the Isak level of class .

Edited by Geogaddi

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

How? It's not just one source, and everything they've told me has been pretty much correct, apart from the fact he hasn't signed yet. They are (or at least as of last time I spoke to them) very confident of getting him. They're also absolutely 100% correct that he wants the move. They just thought it would have happened sooner than this.

How can they expect him to sign when Palace haven't accepted a bid and aren't playing ball? You also stated they wanted him in before the the weekend - last weekend. I'm not having a go neither but you are moving goal posts a little bit here like.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're the only set of fans who could describe going all out for our number one target as "desperate", "pathetic" and "embarrassing".

In the financial environment we're in and where the amount of money involved is getting on for the value of a couple of proven decent performers or prospects it's surely not that surprising that some people aren't completely sold on this one. It's not like we're chasing somebody who's universally acknowledged as one of the finest centre halves ever to grace the league.

Edited by OpenC

Just now, Menace said:

How can they expect him to sign when Palace haven't accepted a bid and aren't playing ball? You also stated they wanted him in before the the weekend - last weekend. I'm not having a go neither but you are moving goal posts a little bit here like.

I'll DM you just to keep this about Guehi.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twitter is even better. It’s genuinely brilliant. Let’s just say Richard Highes isn’t popular 😂

I might have a look for some light reading :lol:

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

In the financial environment we're in and where the amount of money involved is getting on for the value of a couple of proven decent performers or prospects it's surely not that surprising that some people aren't completely sold on this one. It's not like we're chasing somebody who's universally acknowledged as one of the finest centre halves ever to grace the league.

I personally think the last bid was too much, but I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt. I don't really see what's embarssing about it.

Amongst all the noise - this is very odd to how we usually do transfers. I don't like the amount of attention this whole saga has got. All of our big signings were done relatively quick and with no drama.

Just now, Menace said:

Amongst all the noise - this is very odd to how we usually do transfers. I don't like the amount of attention this whole saga has got. All of our big signings were done relatively quick and with no drama.

Clearly coming from Palace’s end.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If you search Richard Hughes in twitter, grab your popcorn.

Yeah, saw a few the other day saying he's done more for his last club Bournemouth getting the Georgian keeper on loan than he has for them. :lol:

If we’ve made four bids, and have not got close to a deal, this has been a monumental fuck up by the board IMO.

You don’t make this many offers, and spend this much time on a target (and probably already got agreements with Guehi) to not have a clear picture and agreement with Palace to what’s need for an offer to be accepted. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah, saw a few the other day saying he's done more for his last club Bournemouth getting the Georgian keeper on loan than he has for them. :lol:

That was my favourite one 😂

Either there's been some huge miscommunication between the two parties about what gets this deal done OR Palace keep moving the goalposts of the deal with every bid we make.  

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

If we’ve made four bids, and have not got close to a deal, this has been a monumental fuck up by the board IMO.

You don’t make this many offers, and spend this much time on a target (and probably already got agreements with Guehi) to not have a clear picture and agreement with Palace to what’s need for an offer to be accepted. 

For all we know palace keep moving the goal posts 

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Walk away , we are talking Isak levels of money here and however good the lad is it's safe to assume he's not in the Isak level of class .

Guehi is a 40m player. Good player, but short and weak in the air. He isn't Van Djik pre injury. 70m is a robbery. And you need also a RW. if you pay this madness price next year you will be in great ffp problems. Again. You need to stop Howe to make the transfer market: great coach but the market isn't his job. 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

For all we know palace keep moving the goal posts 

Yep, too many people quick to jump on the club/recruitment team, when we dont know they haven't met what Palace have asked, only for things to change or Palace to complicate things more each time.

Only side making any noise about this, is Palace. Works for them to make it look like us just not stumping up the cash, despite trying to do a deal worth over £70m to them.

Edited by TK-421

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're the only set of fans who could describe going all out for our number one target as "desperate", "pathetic" and "embarrassing".

Was just thinking exactly this before you said it.

Pathetic was signing Vernon Anita for 6m when we had the chance to really cement our future.

Offering 65m for a international CB is ballsy, foolhardy perhaps but ballsy. Anything from pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Either there's been some huge miscommunication between the two parties about what gets this deal done OR Palace keep moving the goalposts of the deal with every bid we make.  

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Or this is all just part of a normal transfer, and it happens to all be playing out in public.

I think Palace whilst well within their rights to hold out for a good price, might ultimately live to regret this. Given the fact they sell themselves as a springboard club, I wonder how Guehi feels about them rejecting the latest offer. Especially given he won’t be signing a new contract

16 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I get what you are saying but IF we were to sell Isak now we would want at least double what we paid now so it doesn't really matter that he isn't Isak level of class. 

Only from an investment point of view can I justify this money.  Theoretically we wouldn't need to waste a penny on a centre-half for 3-4years should things work out, and I suppose some of the fee is "emergency signing" money to cover the centre-back injuries at present that may as well go toward a purple who'd be good enough for where we want to be long-term.

As a straight up player value, no.