Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Bit of both tbh. Although we gave our best player of all time to Brighton to avoid a points loss so it’s fairly obvious we’re cutting it fine.

Yep, you would think he scored 30 goals for us last season 

43 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

These snippets from Douglas are fairly interesting.

Seems pretty obvious who is doing the leaking of bids or developments but interesting what Douglas is saying. Maybe it’s not as clear cut as everyone things and it seems as if Palace are deliberately airing this in public. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Seems pretty obvious who is doing the leaking of bids or developments but interesting what Douglas is saying. Maybe it’s not as clear cut as everyone things and it seems as if Palace are deliberately airing this in public. 

You don't say?  Parish hates us and will do his utmost for this not to happen.  There is only the player and his agent that can make this signing come to fruition.

We are being made to look like mugs to be frank, walk away. The only problem now is the world thinks you have 65m to spend on mid table defenders. 

this doesn’t reflect well on Eales and Mitchell. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We are being made to look like mugs to be frank, walk away. The only problem now is the world thinks you have 65m to spend on mid table defenders. 

Maybe or maybe we don’t know all the details 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Surely that just depends on the way you look at it, and is really subjective? If you want to look at it negatively, we've allowed another team to disclose information to the press, and haven't yet bid what the other team is after. If you look at it positively, we haven't been held to ransom by the selling club, and have conducted ourselves respectably while trying to sign someone we value. 

The truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

On the other hand clubs know we have constraint and will only strike a deal at the right price

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Surely that just depends on the way you look at it, and is really subjective? If you want to look at it negatively, we've allowed another team to disclose information to the press, and haven't yet bid what the other team is after. If you look at it positively, we haven't been held to ransom by the selling club, and have conducted ourselves respectably while trying to sign someone we value. 

The truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle.

For me no, it isn’t subjective your being mugged off on public. Ultimately the leaks are coming from either them or us, the moment this leaks and the Parish is going on tv and giving interviews you might want to consider if it’s time to walk away. Now we are in a position whereby we don’t have the player and if we want the player we are paying an inflated fee in a deflating market. 

Freddy Shepherd would overpay and often go for the bigger names over the player the manager wants.

Mike Ashley would underbid (if at all) on our top targets and then dig out a cheap option that had been identified on a computer database (and he had only paid for a lite version of the database)

I don’t think we need to criticise the board for bidding relatively sensibly on players the manager wants.

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Not even a progressive passer and shit in the air 

I agree.  Get Dummett signed back on.  Cost us nowt and he never lets you down.  Save our money!

Edited by Rod

I don't have an issue with them holding out for a price. Totally the right thing to do, and so hope we do it when the inevitable comes.

I am just fucked off every move is being made public - by them. Totally  unacceptable when you consider the fact we have made 4 bids (apparently), albeit not to their liking.

They are taking the piss for this reason alone. 

Time to move on. Q

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

For me no, it isn’t subjective your being mugged off on public. Ultimately the leaks are coming from either them or us, the moment this leaks and the Parish is going on tv and giving interviews you might want to consider if it’s time to walk away. Now we are in a position whereby we don’t have the player and if we want the player we are paying an inflated fee in a deflating market. 

But thats your subjective opinion, I personally don't see it like that, as do others, it doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, its just subjective.

Personally, I think its Crystal Palace that look the amateurs especially with their CEO coming out and talking about deals in public, and that if we see value in the deal, and are willing to pursue it despite the shenanigan's then i'm willing to trust someone like Mitchell, who has a very good track record with transfers, and clearly knows what he's doing.

I don't blame anyone at Newcastle for this transfer, it sounds like Palace have just kept moving the goalposts at the last minute 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

But thats your subjective opinion, I personally don't see it like that, as do others, it doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, its just subjective.

Personally, I think its Crystal Palace that look the amateurs especially with their CEO coming out and talking about deals in public, and that if we see value in the deal, and are willing to pursue it despite the shenanigan's then i'm willing to trust someone like Mitchell, who has a very good track record with transfers, and clearly knows what he's doing.

And then you have his pal on Talksport radio Simon Jordan banging on for over a week now telling the listening nation "Parish should take Noocarsle to the cleaners".  It's disgraceful behaviour and totally unprofessional.  I hate them!

It's just a bog standard transfer saga. Palace are publicly digging in to please fans and draw out other bids, we're still at the table trying to negotiate what we deem is a fair price for our number one target.

I don't think it reflects particularly badly on either club, granted Parish is a bit of a gobshite. 

21 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't blame anyone at Newcastle for this transfer, it sounds like Palace have just kept moving the goalposts at the last minute 

Yeah we should move on.

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

And how many goals did the ageing shearer score, and Ginola, speed, Robert blah blah blah. Regardless of the players qualities he tended to sign more of the targets than he missed. 

He sold woodgate and replaced him with ronny johnsen, pocketing the profit. Openly dismissive and contemptuous of fans. Fuck that guy tbh