Marc Guehi

gdm

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Because they'd be far happier paying £40m than £70m I expect.

The argument I'm seeing though is he's not worth the £65m. If he's good enough for Liverpool whether it's £40m due to having less to run on his contract, then he's definitely worth £65m to us now. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s the definition of hearsay in fairness 

Was going to say that as well but couldn't be bothered into getting into a debate about semantics.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The argument I'm seeing though is he's not worth the £65m. If he's good enough for Liverpool whether it's £40m due to having less to run on his contract, then he's definitely worth £65m to us now. 

FWIW I am happy to go along with the club's valuation of Guehi if they think he's worth investing £65m. My concern is that a club like Liverpool might think they can get him for less because (for some reason) they think he might also be quite happy to go there when they can force Palace's hand with his contract running down.

35 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not really. I've already said that all we've heard is that "he's open to the move". That could mean anything. He's also publicly said he's looking forward to the season ahead with Palace. He's got 2 years left on his deal and he could quite easily wait a year and move to Liverpool for £40m, maybe he's open to that as well.

We had reports he was getting ready to travel at one point. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We had reports he was getting ready to travel at one point. 

Again - all that means is he would be open to the move. It also seems he is quite happy not to move and sit his contract out and go wherever he likes when the time comes.

Nothing wrong with any of that btw, just means we should have had other options ready to go anticipating just such an outcome.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

£25m is a fairly big difference like. Especially in PSR terms.

Kicking off at the club and slating Howe, am I actually reading that, seriously, really ?  After all we've been through for over a decade previous to these owners and this manager. Totally get the frustration of this window, but ffs.  

The entitlement that the scummy six have, please don't do that here. We're better than that, or are we with some of this shite.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Kicking off at the club and slating Howe, am I actually reading that, seriously, really ?  After all we've been through for over a decade previous to these owners and this manager. Totally get the frustration of this window, but ffs.  

The entitlement that the scummy six have, please don't do that here. We're better than that, or are we with some of this shite.

Preach. 

Just now, Kimbo said:

Guehi is probably telling Palace he’s happy to stay, while his agent is telling us he wants to come here. Again though, if this is the case we should be able see through it.

Thing is, none of that should even factor. You have a hard deadline and other targets lined up. You do not have no other options and walk away on the eve of the deadline as that’s monumentally stupid. 

:lol: There are absolutely valid criticisms for this window, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

For some reason it's become N-O lore to reframe normal behaviour into something more than what it actually is, then argue against it with that in mind rather than engage with what's actually happening. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Who'd have thought Troy Deeney was chatting shit.

I wonder if we revisit this in January when Palace have time to replace him. I hope not.

I hope we don't deal with Palace again any time soon tbh [emoji38]