Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If he doesn't sign a contract, which I think he will, other clubs will start getting involved from January.

We'll go from getting mugged off by Parish, to getting mugged off by Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Think I'm over this mess, personally.

Thought this for some time, especially as negotiations kept dragging.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

We went through the same shit with Ekiteke only with different people leading the negotiations then. Quite surprising how easy we are to lead up the garden path.

That was the player who decided against coming here at the last minute wasn't it? Not the same shit at all.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

That was the player who decided against coming here at the last minute wasn't it? Not the same shit at all.

Same shit as in being blindsided by the other party, whether the player/agent or the club.

Its very embarrassing. So much time and effort wasted on a lost cause and seemingly no alternatives at all. We're not in a Liverpool or Arsenal position who can simply just wait for the right player. Our squad needs improving every summer.

56 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Its very embarrassing. So much time and effort wasted on a lost cause and seemingly no alternatives at all. We're not in a Liverpool or Arsenal position who can simply just wait for the right player. Our squad needs improving every summer.

You don’t believe Howe when he said we tried for several players?

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I'm genuinely impressed he deployed a GIF with his first post without any edits or formatting issues.

Im not sure I’ve posted more than five gifs without having to edit my post after 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Can't wait until next summer when he goes for half of what we offered. Enjoy celebrating finishing 12th this season by the way.

12th is a stretch. Looking more like 16th atm.

Just now, BermyToon said:

I don't think we lost to Palace/Parish. We didn't pay over the odds and Palace will get an ever lower fee for Guehi next year.

What I criticize is our lack of alternatives.

I think this is key. The club has stated clearly they won’t overpay on targets (otherwise you end up like Man U paying exorbitant fees). The issue is leaving us short at the back.