Marc Guehi

gdm

48 minutes ago, gdm said:

Bit of a kick in the teeth for the Palace fans that his Saudi minder has dropped him off in his bullet proof Jeep

Just now, The Prophet said:

I don't think it means anything whatsoever. 

I don't believe you. :lol: Do you still have any expectation for the rest of today that we'll hear about a bid being accepted?

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't believe you. :lol: Do you still have any expectation for the rest of today that we'll hear about a bid being accepted?

Has anyone credible reported that a bid is about to be accepted? Downie seemed to suggest we'd return with a second bid later in the week. It would look pretty bad from Palace's PR team if they didn't show him at training when the only bid for him that we know of has been rejected. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

He might have gone in to say his goodbye's, does it matter either way until its done deal!?

this.  he will have to go in no matter what is happening, hes contracted to them still so will have to, same with any of our players who (even behind the scenes) are linked/talking to other clubs. theyve just made a fuss about it (imo) because hes their player currently and had a good euros etc. 

Until he's definitely going of course Palace need to publicly welcome back one of their top players from a very successful international tournament.

"Reputational damage" FFS :lol:

42 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Marketing team that they're part of will know whether they're clear to post something like that without it immediately coming back on them and causing reputational damage. Unless they're incompetent anyway. 

Why would it cause any reputational damage though? He's their player,  until they receive an acceptable fee. Posting him turning up at training is hardly a "he's definitely staying lads" statement. It's just a bit of fun from their social media team.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Has anyone credible reported that a bid is about to be accepted? Downie seemed to suggest we'd return with a second bid later in the week. It would look pretty bad from Palace's PR team if they didn't show him at training when the only bid for him that we know of has been rejected. 

Romano (citing Edwards), Downie, Edwards have all said as part of their reports that there's either confidence at our end that the deal will get wrapped up quickly, or that their intution is that our bid will be accepted quickly. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why would it cause any reputational damage though? He's their player,  until they receive an acceptable fee. Posting him turning up at training is hardly a "he's definitely staying lads" statement. It's just a bit of fun from their social media team.

If you post about your player then on the same day or even the next day there's a bid accepted for them to go to another club, you don't think that would make them look daft? 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

If you post about your player then on the same day or even the next day there's a bid accepted for them to go to another club, you don't think that would make them look daft? 

I'm sure you're normally pretty rational KI :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

We need this transfer window to close like, its sending people fucking mental [emoji38]

On a serious note, it should close about a couple of weeks before the season starts. Ridiculous to not know who your team is going to be by this stage. 

I don't understand this "bid rejected and a new bid is expected later in the week" stuff. 

I mean, I thought both club's representatives got around a table and negotiated until an amount was acceptable. All done in an afternoon then buttered scones for tea. Is it done like it is in Football Manager?

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not particularly. It's a completely non-committal on their part.

9 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I'm sure you're normally pretty rational KI :laugh:

FWIW, I work in web content in a marketing department and it's perfectly rational - I'm not an expert or anything, but if you're going to tweet something out, you'll probably make sure what you put out isn't going to age like warm sick. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Stal said:

I don't understand this "bid rejected and a new bid is expected later in the week" stuff. 

I mean, I thought both club's representatives got around a table and negotiated until an amount was acceptable. All done in an afternoon then buttered scones for tea. Is it done like it is in Football Manager?

It's exactly like Football Manager, when Howe briefed the media on the England speculation he was just pressing the "Request Ultimatum" button to the board for extra transfer funds.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Romano (citing Edwards), Downie, Edwards have all said as part of their reports that there's either confidence at our end that the deal will get wrapped up quickly, or that their intution is that our bid will be accepted quickly. 

They are all guessing. They know nothing and will continue to know nothing whether we get him or don't.

The only one who got a scoop was Ornstein and now the rest of them are pretending to be clued in when the reality is, they didn't know anything about it until Ornstein made it public. So why would the club suddenly start blabbing to them about bids and 2nd bids etc now. 

Edited by alexf

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Edwards is always dodgy with any positive news tbh. Downie reported yesterday that a new bid wouldn't come until the next few days:

Screenshot_20240807-125515.thumb.png.2a405cf9a3a0f898f5e914d8f9c030a9.png

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Edwards is always dodgy with any positive news tbh. Downie reported yesterday that a new bid wouldn't come until the next few days:

Screenshot_20240807-125515.thumb.png.2a405cf9a3a0f898f5e914d8f9c030a9.png

Yes, I'm citing the video Downie put out last night where he said his feeling was that this would get wrapped up quickly. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Until a bid is accepted, why wouldn't he be in training? Not sure what all the fuss is about?

Exactly we need him fit if we do get him.