The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

1 hour ago, Fak said:

Was Marcelino actually crap, or just injury prone?

Didn't he miss like 6 months with a sore finger, or something equally ridiculous?

Remember it being a running joke at the time.

1 hour ago, Fak said:

Just don't think he fancied it much once he got here. Hard to say what he was capable of since he never played. I guess how his career went once he went back to Spain would be a better gauge.

Perez

Boumsong Gooch cacapa

Obertan.               Faye         Kenedy

Ireland Smith Thauvain 

Rivierre 

My answer is Michael Own though. Fuck the little horse whispering twat.

Edited by La Parka

On 05/08/2024 at 12:49, mighty__mag said:

I could never understand how Steven Taylor hung around for so long, even captained the side, the lad was a total liability. 

I was so hyped when he first broke through and looked brilliant. A rare case where a defender never improved after age 18, can easily see his intelligence being the reason for it.

5 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Perez

Boumsong Gooch cacapa

Obertan.               Faye         Kenedy

Ireland Smith Thauvain 

Rivierre 

My answer is Michael Own though. Fuck the little horse whispering twat.

Perez never made a competitive appearance . I dare say he was shite in whatever pre season friendlies he played but surely Hooper was worse ?

On 11/09/2024 at 11:41, gbandit said:

The issue I had with Obertan is that it was almost impossible how bad he was when you considered his physical attributes. How someone with that pace could be so utterly awful all the time was some feat

Yeah and he had decent technique too. Just absolutely brainless and gutless.

1 minute ago, OCOCOL said:

Perez never made a competitive appearance . I dare say he was shite in whatever pre season friendlies he played but surely Hooper was worse ?

True! I forgot about him . Nearly put Alnwick but felt a bit harsh. 

Kenedy seems to be getting a rough ride purely for his stinker away to Cardiff. He was very good for us in his first loan spell. Nowhere near as good second but we've definitely had worse than him.

1 hour ago, Fak said:

Awful. Probably would be my choice when you consider also the big fee at the time.

I remember watching him play against Alnwick Town and they absolutely run him ragged. Slow and weak with very little skill.

20 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Remy Cabella offered absolutely fuck all whilst he was here, although not the worst I've seen.

Was so frustrating signing players  in him and Thauvin that matched Ben Arfa's profile while simultaneously loaning him out.

Edited by Astroblack

The correct answer is Rivière. Never has the phrase ‘looked like a competition winner’ been more accurate. Pure cut cat shit wrapped in a black and white shirt and asked to save us from relegation. Even his only goal was so dreadfully miss hit that it came of his standing leg and lobbed the goalkeeper.

Honourable mention to Jak Alnwick, who appeared off the bench against Chelsea (?) and immediately looked massively out of his depth but because he made a good save got talked about like he was Lev Yashin for a week. Spent the rest of the month playing like he had butter on his gloves, ruining my Christmas as a result.

The late Pardew/Carver era was such a bleak time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2024 at 07:57, christ said:

The correct answer is Rivière. Never has the phrase ‘looked like a competition winner’ been more accurate. Pure cut cat shit wrapped in a black and white shirt and asked to save us from relegation. Even his only goal was so dreadfully miss hit that it came of his standing leg and lobbed the goalkeeper.

Honourable mention to Jak Alnwick, who appeared off the bench against Chelsea (?) and immediately looked massively out of his depth but because he made a good save got talked about like he was Lev Yashin for a week. Spent the rest of the month playing like he had butter on his gloves, ruining my Christmas as a result.

The late Pardew/Carver era was such a bleak time.

unfortunately for Wor Jak he’s distinctly remembered for something else now. Butter may or may not have been involved 

On 12/09/2024 at 12:33, Consortium of one said:

Obertan running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  He was probably the worst I've seen in a Newcastle shirt.

Siem DeJong was quite talented until he started coughing up a lung and have bits and pieces of his body falling off.

I remember this lad pulling put of an 80-20 in his favor! Had his hands up and everything like “like go ahead attacker, it’s your ball, I’ll just stand here and wait for you to be done”. That’s why I’ll call him the most cowardly player I’ve seen play for this club.