Newcastle United vs. Southampton - 17/08/2024 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Disco

Monster sports weekend for me, wearing my SA rugby shirt now as we going to moer the aussies in a few min, then swap for my NUFC shirt, and later on Sunday morning pulling on my Dricus Du Plessis gear.

I am expecting a win from all 3, less confident about Dricus than the rest 

1 minute ago, 80 said:

If we did lose, the justifications on here will be spectacular :lol:

I reckon Joelinton will monster them.

We won’t, you can bet your house on 4-0. Gordon x2 Isak 1 Bruno 1. 

Just now, Ikon said:

We won’t, you can bet your house on 4-0. Gordon x2 Isak 1 Bruno 1. 

To be clear, that's where I'm at too :)

I want us to play well. If we play well, we should win barring incredible bad luck.

It won't be easy, because it never is.

Let's be better than Man United last night. That seems achievable.

32 minutes ago, Big River said:

how can anyone in their right mind think we’re not going to win this game? get your kegs on the radiator and take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.

I don't think I've ever been as confident going into a new season :lol:

I think the linenup picks itself, which I think does really highlight our need to strengthen in a couple of key areas.  I'd go for and I think it will be.

Pope

Tino - Schär - Burn - Hall

Longstaff - Bruno - Joelinton 

Murphy - Isak - Gordon

Barnes for Gordon, Oslula for Isak, Kelly for Hall at 60 minutes with the game all wrapped up. Also Willock to get some minutes at some point too.

Just now, maybe_next_year said:

Never like playing promoted teams so early on in the season, they'll have a point to prove and be high energy. Going to go for an unconvincing 2-1 win. 

Neither do I but we're at home and they didn't exactly run away with the Championship last year. In fact I recall thinking they were pretty bad in a few games I watched. 3-0.

5 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Never like playing promoted teams so early on in the season, they'll have a point to prove and be high energy. Going to go for an unconvincing 2-1 win. 

Im more confident than ever. At home we will just sit on them. A very convincing win today. The competition for places is pretty damn good right now. If you don’t perform you’re out (quite a few positions at least). Can see us being relentless energy wise in our pressing. If the fluidity on the ball clicks too then it’s gonna be a beautiful weekend. 

Edited by Ikon