League Cup 2nd Round Draw - Nottingham Forest (a)

3 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Meanwhile Man U were on to their 12th consecutive home tie in a row last season. 

So typical :lol:

Against Premier League sides normally aye. I did a full breakdown last year comparing our draws to yours and Chelsea's (as they allegedly get easier draws as well). There was nothing in it whatsoever. Time evens these things out.

Funny enough we started the FA Cup last year with three consecutive away draws. Our only home game was against Liverpool, and then obviously a final at Wembley against the best side in the world. We won it.

Good that this fixture is within this transfer window. Depending on the result will aid us on deciding on pushing for 1 or 2 signings you’d think as if we get knocked out we’ve just the league games until next transfer window.

Watched the draw last night and it seemed every club mentioned was followed up with a mention of when they won it. "Swansea...winners in 2013." then "Luton Town....winners in 1987". Every Tom, Dick n Harry has won it man, bar us. Was admittedly surprised to learn Everton have never won it tbh.

The Mag only just realised?

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/08/this-is-shameful-seeding-introduced-for-usual-suspects-in-carabao-cup-by-subterfuge-newcastle-united/

It is fucking scandalous though. What are more often than not the cartel clubs already get a bye into the next round. This seems nothing more than an effort to ensure the big brand clubs don't knock each other out too soon. Meanwhile our odds of drawing City, Arse or Pool if we beat Forrest has increased substantially.

Edited by Turnbull2000

On 24/08/2024 at 02:23, Turnbull2000 said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/08/this-is-shameful-seeding-introduced-for-usual-suspects-in-carabao-cup-by-subterfuge-newcastle-united/

It is fucking scandalous though. What are more often than not the cartel clubs already get a bye into the next round. This seems nothing more than an effort to ensure the big brand clubs don't knock each other out too soon. Meanwhile our odds of drawing City, Arse or Pool if we beat Forrest has increased substantially.

That’s why we’ll refuse to be seeded if we’re in Europe next season …

54 minutes ago, brummie said:

I can't find our draw.

How come, why are we not being drawn against someone?

Have I missed something?

Not sure if this is a windup attempt :lol: But teams in Europe get a bye this round I think?

On 23/08/2024 at 18:23, Turnbull2000 said:

Its not that bad, easier to eliminate the competition early in the tournement when they arent taking it seriously and playing with a lot of the reserve players.

12 hours ago, brummie said:

I can't find our draw.

How come, why are we not being drawn against someone?

Have I missed something?

Surprised you’re unaware how it works given all those years in the championship?