Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Just now, Beren said:

Have you say though, I know there's a lot of understandable rust, but thought Newcastle weren't great pre-red card.

In that last friendly, really didn't think the guys that had commitments this summer looked great.

Just have to hope to pick up points early doors till everyone is up to speed.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Schar doing that annoying thing he does at times at the back, of dwelling on the ball and inviting the pressure, in the lead up to that. Wish he wouldn't.

The head butt is non existent really, but we know these decisions always go badly. Don't fucking give the refs these opportunities to screw us over!

Infuriating stuff.

Ref had blown his whistle before for a foul on Bruno. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Have you say though, I know there's a lot of understandable rust, but thought Newcastle weren't great pre-red card.

You are being generous I think.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Schar doing that annoying thing he does at times at the back, of dwelling on the ball and inviting the pressure, in the lead up to that. Wish he wouldn't.

The head butt is non existent really, but we know these decisions always go badly. Don't fucking give the refs these opportunities to screw us over!

Infuriating stuff.

He didn't dwell on the ball, the whistle had already gone for a foul on Bruno, he reacted to the greasy hair prick barging him over after the whistle had gone, imo.

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Alot of passes that were just short/long which I'll put down to rust.

Just now, KaKa said:

Had he? Didn't notice if that was the case.

This is the big issue for me. The whistle was blown, the play was fucking dead. Diaz still pushed Schar over, that shove is MORE VIOLENT than the actual head touch. Just comparing the two. Schar is fuming as a result. And he falls over and cries and our guy gets the red. It’s fucking stupid. It is a literal joke that that there isn’t common sense applied to this. 

Pawson saved by the whistle at the end there so he didn’t get a chance to fuck that decision up as well. He’s like this every game, man. He’s so bad. Total roulette as to what side he decides to favour on any given day

besides all the other shit, we were absolutely shocking there like :lol:. Bunch of them didn't look ready to play, same glaring hole between defence and midfield as last season, basically zero possession against a champo side, zero chance creation, left back is a tackle away from it being 9 v 11. 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Why do people think that wasn't a red? You can't go moving your head towards a player man, contact or not, soft or not, you simply can't do it. 

Because as we’ve seen so often it was a situation whereby both players put the heads together commonly referred to as “hangbags” usually in said situations both get booked which would have been acceptable. Unfortunately Diaz is a massive pussy. 

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Why do people think that wasn't a red? You can't go moving your head towards a player man, contact or not, soft or not, you simply can't do it. 

Its so dumb giving the ref a reason to act. Its soft but im more angry at Schar.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Halftime confession: I cannot BELIEVE Joe got that in the net. :lol:

:thup: He had a touch and a finish to do in the box and somehow didn't fuck up either of them :lol:

Pawson has been useless, letting them chop our players down then booking Hall for touching the shoulder of one of theirs. From then on I knew we were in for a tough day. What a cunt.

Just now, Virtua Stiva said:

Pawson saved by the whistle at the end there so he didn’t get a chance to fuck that decision up as well. He’s like this every game, man. He’s so bad. Total roulette as to what side he decides to favour on any given day

You do realise that he is the one who blew the whistle, which meant VAR didn't have to check and possibly override it? [emoji38]

Already feels like a big result if we can get 3 points here. Going down to 10 and still getting off the mark would be a huge boost for the start of the season

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

How can officiating be this bad with VAR? How? 

Pawson is a level on his own like, always has been, but you'd think whoever's on VAR had a bit of professional integrity 

Just now, JB said:

:thup: He had a touch and a finish to do in the box and somehow didn't fuck up either of them :lol:

:lol: There was zero expectation of success there. xG on that was 0.00 and it was a sitter.