Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Just now, Mike said:

Which feeds my "This is intentional" theory. There's no way it is naturally this bad.

The cartel is not a conspiracy theory. Our takeover and what came out of the legal battle prove it is real and one day it will come out that refs have taken bribes as well.

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

I agree, but also, and not because it's in this game, the player, play acting should get a red.  I detest play acting, and every single time it happens it should be a red. That's a rather extreme view i know, but it's just something that really irks me.

I agree with the diving to get someone being sent off should be a red card offence.

Put of all the rules they have changed in recent years, how this hasn’t been up for discussion is beyond me.

Lets add 15 minutes of stoppage time, let’s tweak the handball law, let’s discuss changing the offside rule, let’s have trials of kick in’s, but no one is asking for cheats to be punished.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Any chance on the PL overturning Schar's red on appeal?

It's the PL, so it will get extended to 4 games for extremely violent conduct.

Feel like some of you have got microplastics in your brains. Two players both meeting heads and one of them going down like that is more often than not a yellow for both or a yellow card for the playacting 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Schär made it sure that he’s not moving his head. Still unnecessary and stupid but there was no headbutt.

I thought there was contact? If not, like no contact at all then VAR sending him off is scandalous. I would then also expect it to be overeturned. 

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Can't imagine them overturning on-field ref and the VAR. Not because it was the right or wrong decision but they'd be aware of how bad it would look.

Just now, Stifler said:

No, he’ll get a 3 match ban. It’s violent conduct.

Its barely even conduct, let alone violent. Diaz's shove whilst play was stopped was way more violent.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Richard Masters walking into the appeal

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Few notes:

Our press doesn't seem work as well against 3 at the back. In fact in general I think teams are better against a press than a couple of years ago. For the most part Soton dealt with it impressively well. A number of players don't look on it.

We were poor for a lot of that. Similar issue to last year for me in that in the 433 set up when trying to build out from the back everyone's so far apart. Bruno never has anyone near him to pass to and Isak is always very isolated. Would rather switch to a 4231 in those situations.

Schar is an idiot for putting his head against that guy.

As negligable as the contact was, anyone thinking Gordon isn't doing the exact same think as Brereton Diaz is deluding themselves.

Team was getting frustrated with not playing well before the red card. Need more composure. Burn's meant to be one of our experienced players and leaders but he's losing it more than anyone.

Big Joe is a legend.

Edited by Checko