Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Zero said:

it’s fine. Just don’t say “Howe is excellent at coaching and developing youngsters”. Last season we argued this for Burn vs Hall and I don’t want to see this shit again.

He’s improved nearly every single player he has worked with at his time at NUFC and Hall is included in that. Hall himself has said he needed that time to develop. 

Why is Kelly playing so hard for people to grasp?

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

It’s time for us to start showing that we can do it away from home again. The right mindset and play with conviction and control the game. Time to show we have the mentality and ability to control games away from home if we are to compete for top  4. Will be a tough game, but it’s more about us reaching the levels we can be!  I want to see us look sharp and on our toes from the off. 

Aye there was a lot of talking last season "we will learn" both on this forum and from Howe himself. Lets see if we have learnt.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Hopefully today we play the Bournemouth everyone else gets to fucking play. Rather play City than Bournemouth :lol:

Yep, :lol: why did they always look absurdly again against us. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Yep, :lol: why did they always look absurdly again against us. 

:lol: Feels very "Show the ex you're thriving" to me

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

This is just an assumption more than anything else, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hall is being benched by defualt in the league going forward, unless there are more injuries.

He isn't being benched. He was never seen as a starter. He came in due to injuries.

Even when he signed, he was spoken of as one for the future.

He's done well enough that he's made the back up position his, and the likes of Targett are now expendable.

He'll still get first team opportunities, but in games and at times that are more beneficial for him, and he will continue to develop.

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Why is Kelly playing so hard for people to grasp?

They are overly enamoured with what Hall does going forward.

And are completely trivialising the defensive side of things.

Isn't it because there is no time post match to talk about the Liverpool game.  So they shoe horn both pre-match?

It's always been very peculiar.

I haven't been watching but I assume it's not all going to be Liverpool dedicated.

Edited by dcmk

Just now, Sima said:

Christ, they’re in the dressing room.

Which is possible because the players haven't even fucking arrived yet.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Sky really love Liverpool don't they

Not as much as TNT Sports do.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Isn't it because there is no time post match to talk about the Liverpool game.  So they shoe horn both pre-match?

It's always been very peculiar.

I haven't been watching but I assume it's not all going to be Liverpool dedicated.

All easy for them to just launch earlier on another channel for the Liverpool game, or red button the build up.

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I am quite certain, Eddie Howe, the man who has managed Hall, will have addressed the what and why in a manner that won’t destroy the kid. You know, I don’t feel like it needs to be said, but he isn’t Steve Bruce ffs.

Do you really think Hall is going to kick up a fuss when Lloyd Kelly, previous Bournemouth captain is going to be starting today?

Surprised this is the first post mentioning the Bournemouth connection.