AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

Subs changed the game yes but I don't think it shows any real tactical acumen. We just brought on four very expensive players at once and got a footing in the match as they tired a bit - and they had less options to bring on in retaliation. It's shit being able to make so many subs tbh.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You definitely take it, but we didn’t deserve a point.

We did like, Neto made like 2/3 really good saves in that second half.

Fair result for me. We did well to get back into it. Its a handball, so it doesn't count.

I don't think Bournemouth deserved any kind of favourable decision because they commited eighteen fouls, most of them whenever we had a semi-promising position or any kind of momentum. Five by Kluivert, four by Cook, neither of whom got a card. I thought we were soft to not pick up on the mood of the ref and start doing it back to them. Bruno needs to be in the ref's face about it. I bet Trippier would be. Crappy little niggly fouls fall more under shithousery than actual cheating, but they still kill the game as a spectacle.

Mostly really poor today. Barnes and Gordon have to start on wings now if we’re not bringing in another RW. 

Ultimately it’s a good point away from home but we’ve got loads of work to do. Not good enough really.

As usual I don't think we were terrible or embarrassing or disgraceful or Bruce-like or any of the other hyperbole you get during/after imperfect games. However, it's definitely a concern that we've immediately continued in our limp and anxious away performances. 

Barnes and Hall were excellent when they came on, and Willock showed glimpses, which is absolutely cause for optimism. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

As usual I don't think we were terrible or embarrassing or disgraceful or Bruce-like or any of the other hyperbole you get during/after imperfect games. However, it's definitely a concern that we've immediately continued in our limp and anxious away performances. 

Barnes and Hall were excellent when they came on, and Willock showed glimpses, which is absolutely cause for optimism. 

Tonali coming back too. 

Hopefully Longstaff is consigned to the bench for the foreseeable. 

3 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Is everyone watching a different incident with the hand ball?

The ball hits him square on the badge, below the shoulder above the cuff. 

Clear hand ball.

They're talking about the sleeve, but if my memory serves that was only ever intended to be used as a marker for defensive actions. Ie a defender goes to block a shot, it hits his sleeve,  no handball and no subsequent free kick or penalty.

But if you put the ball in the back of the net whilst attacking with your arm it’s a fucking handball

Against Spurs please:

Pope

Trippier-Burn-Kelly-Hall

Joelinton-Bruno-Willock

Gordon-Isak-Barnes

Get Tonali on for 30 minutes too

Edited by mush

In a nutshell that’s why longstaff and Murphy are squad only. Can’t wait for Sandro and hopefully a right winger or just play barnes. Longstaff once again with the pathetic flop when in prime position for a shot.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

We were terrible for a good period in fairness. Really poor on the ball, look unfit as well. Delighted with a point mind.

I’m glad we’re getting more Carragher insight rather than hearing post-match interviews after a controversial finish to our game.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

God help us if so.

The amount of pressure it invites on our defense is unbelievable. And it just spreads through the team and puts everyone on edge.

Willock and Barnes coming on made them uneasy instead, and pinned them back.

Tonali should be available for selection, will improve midfield no end.