Darren Eales

Ronson333

45 minutes ago, J7 said:

In an alternative universe, Bruno goes for £100m and Tosin comes in on a free. Then they have close to £200m to spend on the Bruno replacement, a right winger and whoever else they’d identified. Shopping in England is still a bit strange though.

Selling Bruno for £100 wouldn’t have given close to £200m on a replacement.  

£50m just clears the FFP hole. £15m to the rest of his amortisation cost. We then spend £70m on his replacement. £14m amortisation, 7.5m in wages. 21.5m for a year.  So the  remainder of the fee pays for the replacements salary and Amortisation for the next 2 years. 

We need to be in a FFP position where we break even year on year. Otherwise we can’t reinvest fully. 

At least until we have a consistent funnel of players to sell for FFP.  

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

He's at it again, never let's up.

So they couldn't afford to be investors so had to sell (that was always the plan)

If Eales didn't take control who would ?

Forget PSR !!!! Take points deduction ?

I'm chuffed Mitchell was furious, hopefully he gets him back one day

Nothing story to spread doom and gloom.

I just feel like the good feeling and togetherness around the club has taken a massive hit with Amanda and Mehrdad leaving. I don't want us to become and 'solely business' club, the work we saw with Amanda and the ladies team, the community stuff, the dinners, everyone seemed to be involved and there was a real feel of being all in it together, as a family. I'm not sure it feels like that as much currently and I don't like it.

4 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Seeing Mitchell and Eales sitting there in the stands with the chairman, reminded me a bit of Llambias and Wise sitting with Ashley a few years back...

Except for absolutely everything?

The club has a chairman trying to pump as much cash as allowable in, and two execs whose job is to build a title contending club? I.e the total fucking opposite to the Ashley years?

3 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

Except for absolutely everything?

The club has a chairman trying to pump as much cash as allowable in, and two execs whose job is to build a title contending club? I.e the total fucking opposite to the Ashley years?

No, you missed what I meant. To me it kind of felt a little of cronyism, or rather an upstairs/downstairs divide between the directors and the team staff. I know Amanda and Mehrdad used to sit with the chairman, but they came across as it being part of a family feel, not seen much of Jamie Reuben since they left either. I hope I'm wrong, it just 'feels' off to me currently.

So Hope has exclusive insider information on the thoughts and feelings of Eales,Mitchell,Howe,Staveley AND Parish.

Who's his source with all that knowledge, the invisible man?

Absolute bullshit article. No need for it.

How the fuck has he gone full fucking turbocunt there four games into a so far unbeaten season? 

You can tell he sits there typing and re-typing to think of the exact word for max dickhead value. Then when he’s finished he gives a little smug smirk to himself. I’d side with McLaren and Bruce over him. 

Edited by Joelinton7

3 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

No, you missed what I meant. To me it kind of felt a little of cronyism, or rather an upstairs/downstairs divide between the directors and the team staff. I know Amanda and Mehrdad used to sit with the chairman, but they came across as it being part of a family feel, not seen much of Jamie Reuben since they left either. I hope I'm wrong, it just 'feels' off to me currently.

This all is just your imagination though. Two high execs sitting with the big boss, I don't know how it would bring back memories of Ashley unless you wanted to see it like that.

12 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I just feel like the good feeling and togetherness around the club has taken a massive hit with Amanda and Mehrdad leaving. I don't want us to become and 'solely business' club, the work we saw with Amanda and the ladies team, the community stuff, the dinners, everyone seemed to be involved and there was a real feel of being all in it together, as a family. I'm not sure it feels like that as much currently and I don't like it.

That's the problem isn't it? As much as I love Amanda and Mehrdad for what they have done for us, we were probably not being run correctly in a business sense. Sure enough, we felt that togetherness, that love, that close-knit feeling with them and the players and the community etc. But one of the reasons for that wonderful feeling was because of the hideous, horrible, traumatic 13 years we had with the previous regime. 13 horrid years. and we accepted whatever good was coming away with the new owners and what they were doing with the club. Wonderful times was back again.

But now, after the honeymoon is over and Amanda and Mehrdad gone, we have to take the next step and as much as we may hate it, the club needs to be run as a business. Times are changing, football has changed, and its now our turn to change. I'm sure the ladies team, the community stuff, the dinners, will still be there and be done by the club but perhaps not the way we are used to or how we would like it. Any decisions on the stadium, the training ground and etc will be something that some of us may not like but will be necessary for the club to move forward. Everyone wants the club to succeed, it's just the way how we get there might not be a comfortable ride for some of us. I'm not in the slightest worried now as I was when the cunt Ashley was running the club ,despite the 'divide' you may feel between the board and the players. The club is moving forward, we'll need to adapt to this too.

Edited by nufcjb

20 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

That's the problem isn't it? As much as I love Amanda and Mehrdad for what they have done for us, we were probably not being run correctly in a business sense. Sure enough, we felt that togetherness, that love, that close-knit feeling with them and the players and the community etc. But one of the reasons for that wonderful feeling was because of the hideous, horrible, traumatic 13 years we had with the previous regime. 13 horrid years. and we accepted whatever good was coming away with the new owners and what they were doing with the club. Wonderful times was back again.

But now, after the honeymoon is over and Amanda and Mehrdad gone, we have to take the next step and as much as we may hate it, the club needs to be run as a business. Times are changing, football has changed, and its now our turn to change. I'm sure the ladies team, the community stuff, the dinners, will still be there and be done by the club but perhaps not the way we are used to or how we would like it. Any decisions on the stadium, the training ground and etc will be something that some of us may not like but will be necessary for the club to move forward. Everyone wants the club to succeed, it's just the way how we get there might not be a comfortable ride for some of us. I'm not in the slightest worried now as I was when the cunt Ashley was running the club ,despite the 'divide' you may feel between the board and the players. The club is moving forward, we'll need to adapt to this too.

Onwards and upwards. United :indi:

See, I like Craig Hope, just for the fact he would call bruce out when no-one else had the balls to. Won't read his articles though as I find the daily mail an abhorrent shitrag. 

I've been to a fair few of the True Faith (Yes I know) live events, whether it be pre-season talk-ins, mid season or end of season recaps. They usually have the same panel of journalists, Craig Hope, Luke Edwards, Keith Downie & Mark Douglas. George Caulkin used to be at them but I don't think he's been to the most recent ones. 

They all generally come across really well, Hope I think had a bit of an ear at the club in Amanda & Mehrdad & is probably disappointed with that going, he does come across as someone once said 'if he was chocolate he would eat himself'. He is however a massive fan of Howe & obviously the Daily Mail headlines are massively sensationalized away from the actually pieces of the articles.  Edwards' online persona is what it is, a character. In person he's always very positive about NUFC, Howe especially. 

On 01/09/2024 at 08:42, jackyboy said:

The departure of Amanda and Ghod' have left a huge void in the club for me. They were as important as any of the players in the resurrection of our club.  For me it's not been the same since they left. It's like they took all of the emotion, motivation and enthusiasm away with them

[emoji38] what?