Nottingham Forest (3) 1-1 (4) Newcastle United [LC2] (28/08/24)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Can we just appreciate how bad that penalty was by Awoniyi. It doesn’t get much worse 

I was so confident that we where still losing the shootout, even after Gordon scored to level it, than that happened and I just burst out laughing :lol: 

Just now, gbandit said:

Can we just appreciate how bad that penalty was by Awoniyi. It doesn’t get much worse 

Must be canny difficult to spoon a shot so far over the bar, even if you tried.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As if some of them get a home draw too...

IMG-20240828-WA0011.jpg

Part of me want us to forfeit in protest. It's not a cup at this stage. Literally pointless (unless we win it). Bring back replays to the FA cup and scrap this shit.

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Was thinking about it during the pen shootout and the more I thought about how we'd played, the body language and some of the reactions afterwards... I think there a few players feeling unsettled, maybe a bit despondent and I wonder whether it's down to things like Eddie being linked with England, Gordon being linked to Liverpool, Isak linked to Arsenal, Bruno linked to City and rumours of Tripps wanting out. I'd like to think they're all professional enough, but something just seems a bit 'off' and I can't put my finger on it. The togetherness, the drive to fight for each other in every move, it seems to be missing or at least less intense. Hope I'm wrong.

On the upside, Tonali looked ace!

Players were also close to owners who’ve left, definitely been an unsettling summer and might take time for things to settle, nights like tonight will help.

Edited by Whitley mag

13 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Really, tbf they did draw whether teams were home or away, from an equal amount of home and away balls. Still total balls mind.

Why can’t they play each other?

Just now, STM said:

That's the sort of role Sean should have. Cameos where he can bring us some energy.

Deffo; thought he was good as well. Not amazing but a solid performance. Some good forward passes and didn't chuck himself over at any point. Then the penalty of course, which was mint. 

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Was thinking about it during the pen shootout and the more I thought about how we'd played, the body language and some of the reactions afterwards... I think there a few players feeling unsettled, maybe a bit despondent and I wonder whether it's down to things like Eddie being linked with England, Gordon being linked to Liverpool, Isak linked to Arsenal, Bruno linked to City and rumours of Tripps wanting out. I'd like to think they're all professional enough, but something just seems a bit 'off' and I can't put my finger on it. The togetherness, the drive to fight for each other in every move, it seems to be missing or at least less intense. Hope I'm wrong.

On the upside, Tonali looked ace!

Forgot we had body language experts on here. Nice blast from the past.

Just now, Hovagod said:

Why can’t they play each other?

So they can't draw each other and clash with their European fixtures, that's the bullshit excuse. We all know the real reason.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Players were also close to owners who’ve left, definitely been an unsettling summer and might take time for thing to settle, nights like tonight will help.

It's also easy to ride the wave on the way up.. everything was new, exciting and all in it together.