Nottingham Forest (3) 1-1 (4) Newcastle United [LC2] (28/08/24)

BlueStar

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Players were also close to owners who’ve left, definitely been an unsettling summer and might take time for things to settle, nights like tonight will help.

Really hope that's the case Whitley

Made hard work of it tonight, but got through in the end. :thup:

Thought BDB and Krafth at centre back did really well. Good to see Tonali back and get a good run out. He looked really emotional at the end. :)

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just me who thinks that every long throw Moreno did was a foul throw? 

Didn't notice, but the ref would let them take throw ins 10 yards inside our half when they went out 10 in theirs and then near the end pulled Gordon back when he took it 2 yards forward.

40 minutes ago, 54 said:

There has been a bit of a trend these last few games:

First 20 = good
Middle 30 = bad
Last 20 = good

Don't know if its by designed and we're trying to manage games, and it's just haven't got that skill yet but it's noticeable.

This only adds up to 70 minutes.

Warning Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

1 hour ago, PCW1983 said:

Ahhhh, the relief. Watching the game with my wife and in-laws all of who are Forest fans 😂

should have got in the middle of the room and helicoptered them when Longy scored.

I can't believe how competent a Newcastle United team can be at penalties, btw. :lol: 3/4 won under Eddie, isn't it? Even the one we missed, I'd put it down moreso to being a very good save than a bad pen. Bruno's and Gordon's in particular were excellent. We were very composed against Blackburn too iirc.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I can't believe how competent a Newcastle United team can be at penalties, btw. :lol: 3/4 won under Eddie, isn't it? Even the one we missed, I'd put it down moreso to being a very good save than a bad pen. Bruno's and Gordon's in particular were excellent. We were very composed against Blackburn too iirc.

First time they’ve lost one since 2006 inal.

49 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Last quarter of the game was so reassuring. 

Tino and Gordon. Barnes was good. Willock and Tonali. 

Get a purple in this window and take a top four finish.

This is my thinking.  I really think Eddie has changed his tactics.  You can't press a team for 90+ minutes.  The final 15 minutes we totally bombarded them.  You could see that the Nottingham Forest players were done in.  Now for this tactic to work we need to keep the ball a lot better.  I thought Tonali was great tonight.  With him, Bruno and the spoiler/enforcer that is Joelinton we can control the midfield.  I know we only won on penalties tonight but I could see what we are going to be.  And that is a controlling midfield with pacey forwards.  A bit of pace at the back would be good.  Also a special mention to Tino who I thought was excellent when he came on.

tonight showed how much we have missed Willock - our intensity dropped instantly the moment he went off

Edited by duo

19 minutes ago, duo said:

tonight showed how much we have missed Willock - our intensity dropped instantly the moment he went off

💯, hopefully he's not to bad