Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

I wouldn't be playing Bruno for this. Just feels so unnecessary. I know Eddie takes the cups seriously but we really need to rotate.

Dubravka 

Tino

Krafth

Kelly

Hall

Longstaff 

Tonali

Willock

Miggy

Osula

Barnes

Get Barnes, Hall and Tonali subbed off when the game is won.

Would be giving Bruno the night off for sure. I'd probably keep Pope in simply because Dubs cos us so many points last season, don't trust him whatsoever, even against this lot. Osula should definitely start as well.

26 minutes ago, 80 said:

A game for Alex Murphy? If he's not suitable for a home tie against AFC Wimbledon, he should be on loan... Give Hall the night off.

Id Murphy a LB? For some reason I had him down as a CB, haven't seen any of the games he's been involved in pre-season.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Id Murphy a LB? For some reason I had him down as a CB, haven't seen any of the games he's been involved in pre-season.

He can play there in a pinch, though I was thinking more Kelly at LB with him coming in the middle. He's getting to an age where he should be able to stand up for himself in his favoured position, if we're keeping him in the squad.

To be honest my view is if we can't beat Wimbledon at home with a total second string, we shouldn't be deluding ourselves into thinking we can seriously campaign in both the cups and league. This is the gimme draw we've always moaned about not getting. Lack of fatigue is going to be our superpower this season, so we shouldn't be squandering it.

26 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Would be giving Bruno the night off for sure. I'd probably keep Pope in simply because Dubs cos us so many points last season, don't trust him whatsoever, even against this lot. Osula should definitely start as well.

See my post above about using our total second string team? Ignore it when it comes to Pope and Dubravka :laugh:

Should be a near full XI rotated IMO. Pope to stay in goal as don’t want to ever see Dub play again, Burn by CB default, and Tonali to keep his fitness levels going. Would like to see this:

Pope: Tino, Krafth, Burn, Kelly: Longstaff, Tonali, Willock :Sanusi, Osula, Almiron

1 hour ago, 80 said:

He can play there in a pinch, though I was thinking more Kelly at LB with him coming in the middle. He's getting to an age where he should be able to stand up for himself in his favoured position, if we're keeping him in the squad.

To be honest my view is if we can't beat Wimbledon at home with a total second string, we shouldn't be deluding ourselves into thinking we can seriously campaign in both the cups and league. This is the gimme draw we've always moaned about not getting. Lack of fatigue is going to be our superpower this season, so we shouldn't be squandering it.

I can't say I've been that impressed by Murphy, would rather he wasn't involved, but yeah I would like to see Kelly at CB so not the worst shout if there's no one else who can play LB.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I can't say I've been that impressed by Murphy, would rather he wasn't involved, but yeah I would like to see Kelly at CB so not the worst shout if there's no one else who can play LB.

I mean, it's fair enough if we don't think he'll make the grade, but if the coaching team reckon he can't manage a game against a 4th division team, it does tell a story...

We could make 8-9 changes and still play a pretty strong looking team. Without meaning to sound arrogant. Especially when you consider the level of opposition. We‘ll ignore the Cambridge game……

Dubravka

Tino

Schar/Krafth

Kelly

Hall

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton/Tonali

Murphy

Osula

Almiron