Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Parsley said:

Not pretty but we've been fine. Limited Spurs to shots outside the box in the main and look a threat on the corner. Trips and Tonali still to come on too :thup:

We've defended brilliantly like, considering no Botman and Schar.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Solid defensively but not sure where his attacking pressure has gone like. He pushed forward with such ease last season in space. Harboring an injury maybe?

Following orders? Plus playing with Krafth not Schar. 

Just now, Upthemags said:

Solid defensively but not sure where his attacking pressure has gone like. He pushed forward with such ease last season in space. Harboring an injury maybe?

I don’t think so; we just haven’t been very good so far this season and we turnover the ball very easily so it’s probably better he hangs on before pushing forward because our Cbs one vs one have no hope. 

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I hate that midfield 3. There’s just no ball retention and 2 out of 3 of them need an extra touch. Can’t afford that. Tonali moonwalks into the team tbh.

We are basically playing with 3 CDM’s.

Our attacking players aren’t receiving the ball close to their goal. Compare the amount of times Son has touched the ball near our area compared to Gordon or Isak. They play really good football, everyone in their midfield is comfortable with one-touch football. 

But just because they’re playing better football doesn’t mean we’ve been bad, Pope hasn’t had to save anything clear cut. 

Barnes is just lethal. He doesn’t have that elite pace but positioning and finishing are elite, easily worth £40m for these moments. 

12 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

My theory he burned himself out in England training but Gareth was hell bent on Foden so its harmed us in the long run.

honestly just think the schedule has caught up with him, he basically had no time off last summer either. Ideally we’d have bought another winger this summer and eased him back into the fold this season

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Think Isak has been good. Battling two centrebacks on his own, final ball may not be good but he’s involved 

He’s so done with Longstaff. Can see it in his body language everytime the ball gets passed behind him. 

Just having a chuckle to myself thinking about the difference in quality between Barnes' and Chris Woods goal compilations. From a different planet doesn't do it justice :lol:

Just now, Holloway said:

Big Joe's form is a little bewildering after that storming display v Saints 

I don't see that he's been bad . He's being asked to tuck in and defend the left to left centre of midfield into the defensive third. He's done a good job of that and has on occasion helped get us forward. The foul for the yellow was a bit daft however