Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

Just now, WilliamPS said:

-Unbeaten, two home wins and one away draw

-Into next round of cup

-Gordon, Isak and Barnes have all opened their accounts 

-Tonali being reintegrated 

-Got through Schars ban unscathed.

Its a good start to the season!

Too right! It doesn't bear thinking about the discourse had we lost that, but as it happens we've given ourselves a brilliant foundation for the first half of the season. Two weeks now with positive energy; get over the funk of the window, get into better physical nick, Schar and Wilson available. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Too right! It doesn't bear thinking about the discourse had we lost that, but as it happens we've given ourselves a brilliant foundation for the first half of the season. Two weeks now with positive energy; get over the funk of the window, get into better physical nick, Schar and Wilson available. 

Next two games are wolves and Fulham away. Tricky but very winnable, as both are average sides but at home, take 4 or 6 points from those and SJP will be a cauldron for the Man City game. This is how great seasons start…

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

For anyone who is interested in meaningless stats, this is our joint best three opening matches points haul since 95/96 - the only other time we had seven points after three games was when the king @Alan Pardew was the gaffer (11/12)

YYYYYYYEEEESSS LADS. Young Eddie and The King tearing up the league. He got 4th but didn’t win Manager Of The Year. I got 5th but won Manager Of The Year. 

See ya later. 

It was a smash and grab and its amazing we walked away with 3 wins a draw in the first 4 games considering our performances but there is no reason not to be happy about that.

If it was Tottenham this would almost hurt more than the way they got smashed last year because if they had any proper striker on today they would've won.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

They had a lot of pressure, usually created by our own errors, but I can't think of that many great chances they had tbh. 

Yeah, thought we defended well. Spurs had possession and ton of shots but most were outside of the box.

First half was alright but the first thirty minutes of the second half were shocking and Howe probably should have reacted before the goal considering we had a strong bench.

Glad we have a break now and get Schär back, should help our play in possession a lot with Tonali hopefully getting starts in the league too.

Baffled by the smash 'n grab talk. Thought it was an even game, Tottenham had a couple of heavy spells camped in our half but we kept then out of danger and created a lot on the break.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Baffled by the smash 'n grab talk. Thought it was an even game, Tottenham had a couple of heavy spells camped in our half but we kept then out of danger and created a lot on the break.

100% this. They had pressure and possession at times, most of which was self inflicted by us. But it was a very even game, and on the balance of play and chance creation (good chances with players actually in position to score), we deserved the win. 

Swilled myself horrendously with my pint when they scored trying to repurpose my energy of shouting obscenities so flailing my hands about due to being in a silent Scottish gastropub. Less than ideal. Likewise my lass thought I was having a stroke when Isak scored.