Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

The year we qualified for Europe this result and an unbeaten run would have been celebrated, no matter what the performance.

I'm not sure if it's confidence but if they can hear the ginger guy in the leazers east corner screaming abuse for 90 minutes no wonder they are a bag of nerves!

The guy has the whole corner on edge lol

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Six of Spurs shots were by Porro, their right back. It's not a winning formula.

In a new low, The Guardian's minute by minute report only added a description of our winning goal after the final whistle. During the game, it just said it was against the run of play. They've managed to find someone even worse than Louise Taylor to cover our games.

Watch him during our 2nd goal. Totally gave up and could have cut out the sweaty goal from us. Spurs certainly deserve their title of bottling games.

My take is that Spurs were toothless up front and it cost them the game.

We are pressing with only the three forward players and when that fails we move into a low block which allows teams to dominate in our half.

We look good on the  transition and counter attack but apart from that we seem unable to string more than three or four passes together.

Krafth, Burn and kelly really limit our ability to play the ball out from the back. Pope looks especially nervous so far and his kicks out are poor.

Tonali needs to start and schar back will perhaps allow us to pass the ball about better.

How long till Botman is back? Our LCB slot is pisshh atm.

Edited by buzza

Just now, Jill said:

Recorded the match as I was out after the first 15. Will it be enjoyable now I know we win or should I just watch the goals?

Watch the goals and enjoy the saved time.

1 minute ago, Jill said:

Recorded the match as I was out after the first 15. Will it be enjoyable now I know we win or should I just watch the goals?

If you’ve got nothing better to do watch the full thing, if you do save your time and watch the goals. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why tf didn't they win then? :lol:

Spurs are powderpuff. They didn't even create a big chance despite all the pressure; the goal was an absolute gift. 

They wasted good positions/chances. I guess that's not entirely coaching-independent, mind you.

Overall though they dominated the play and looked more threatening. Thought Ange's post match comments on the BBC rung true from what I saw.

3 minutes ago, Jill said:

No 👎 just watch the goals

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I missed the first 70 minutes. Can anyone give any context to Kelly and Barnes coming off? Just freshening it up?

Barnes was probably due to fitness as he started on Wednesday. Hall maybe tactical as it was 1-1 and they had the momentum. 

Just now, Geordie_once_removed said:

I missed the first 70 minutes. Can anyone give any context to Kelly and Barnes coming off? Just freshening it up?

We went from:

Tino Krafth Burn Kelly 

To:

Murphy Tino Krafth Burn Hall

Worked a treat. Howe seemingly best Ange at his own game too, because the goal came from the wing-back (Murphy) coming narrow.

Tldr:

:howe:

Just now, CPL said:

Barnes was probably due to fitness as he started on Wednesday. Hall maybe tactical as it was 1-1 and they had the momentum. 

Kelly booked too

Just now, Beren said:

Love that Murphy is a proper Spurs-slayer.

Like Shola vs the mackems and Jonas vs Wolves. Inexplicably and almost exclusively terrorises them [emoji38]

Was absolutely shite apart from the goal too. Lovely old job.

Not as bad as Bucktooth Brennan aka Brennan Nonceson. What a terrible player. 

8 minutes ago, Jill said:

Most satisfying match I have watched for a long time. But already knowing the result? Id say avoid at all cost.

-Unbeaten, two home wins and one away draw

-Into next round of cup

-Gordon, Isak and Barnes have all opened their accounts 

-Tonali being reintegrated 

-Got through Schars ban unscathed.

Its a good start to the season!