Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Mazzy said:

The problem in that three is their lack of ability to keep hold of the ball. Murphy and Longstaff in particular are terrible for giving the ball away which in turn gives Tino extra work to do.

Yup, I know ... it's depressing.

Murphy and Longstaff make life very difficult for Tino.

Unless Trippier is alongside that pair to take on all the passing responsibility, as he is very good at that, it just doesn't work.

Just now, Pata said:

He played 90 on Friday and 90 on Monday. I would obviously prefer to see Tonali over Longstaff but I can see why Longstaff starts today. 

I get this is out of our hands, but to see him play 90 mins twice in one week for Italy, then that's used as a reason he can't start a game for us is annoying as fuck. We've been paying his wages for a year during his ban, then as soon as he's fit, his international duty takes precedence.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

So not playing in 2 weeks doesn't matter anymore? Why don't you answer the actual point?

Because it was completely different iirc. Crystal Palace had played a cup game during our break and just seemed sharper. Managers have to talk a lot and some of it could be bullshit, no need to cling on to one comment.

9 minutes ago, midds said:

It's been less than 3 games for him I think? If we're protecting players after 3 games then we may as well give up. Being scared to play your best players in the middle of September because you don't want them to get tired is insane imo. It's even worse when the gap in quality is so big. 

Fatigue will need to be managed better this season but not yet. Surely? :lol:

I get the argument but I’m sure Howe has looked at the reasons for and against starting him fitness wise with all the data and all that malarkey. Managing fitness early on can be crucial too, say Tonali starts and picks up an injury etc. Just playing devils advocat, I don’t know what’s best but then I’m not managing the team 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Thats six days break ffs.

Tonali could easily play this but we are trying to avoid a similar injury crisis to last season WHICH WAS ALL HOWE'S FAULT FOR NOT ROTATING ENOUGH.

4 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Its not like Tonali is unfit after being 10 months away, he probably had the most optimized training to get in the best physical form possible. He just isnt match fit, and the only thing that helps with that is minutes on the pitch.

Exactly , it is not a fatigue issue and so a short number of successive games in a reasonably short time period is exactly what Tonali needed to get up to speed. 

I am confused by this line up but Eddie has proved me wrong in the past. 

Just now, Pata said:

Tonali could easily play this but we are trying to avoid a similar injury crisis to last season WHICH WAS ALL HOWE'S FAULT FOR NOT ROTATING ENOUGH.

Hardly the same situation now.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

He played 90 on Friday and 90 on Monday. I would obviously prefer to see Tonali over Longstaff but I can see why Longstaff starts today. 

I'll never agree with you on this one mate ( :lol: ) but that's fair enough too. All about opinions :thup:

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I get the argument but I’m sure Howe has looked at the reasons for and against starting him fitness wise with all the data and all that malarkey. Managing fitness early on can be crucial too, say Tonali starts and picks up an injury etc. Just playing devils advocat, I don’t know what’s best but then I’m not managing the team 🤷‍♂️ 

You mean to suggest Eddie Howe might know more about football and his team than the members of N-O, get the fuck out. :lol:

Still, it's a public forum and everyone has a right to an opinion.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

These are the kind of decisions Bunce was brought in to help with. If anyone seriously thinks Eddie prefers playing Longstaff over Tonali (who he paid a lot of money for) in a vacuum, get help.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Looking forward to 25 mins of north London analysis here

Wonder if they'll bump the post-match interviews to the red button like our game v Bournemouth?

Edited by Sima

Just now, Pata said:

These are the kind of decisions Bunce was brought in to help with. If anyone seriously thinks Eddie prefers playing Longstaff over Tonali (who he paid a lot of money for) in a vacuum, get help.

What's worst is that Howe talks so glowingly about Tonali, he was buzzing about his signing more than any other player we have signed. 

He knows like everyone else that Tonali is the future. 

Just now, Sima said:

Wonder if they'll bump the post-match interviews to the red button like our game v Bournemouth?

The only reason I've jumped on the forum right now is to rant about this absolute bullshit. :lol: Yet another reason I'll feel no shame in switching to a dodgy fire stick when my Sky contract is up. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

You mean to suggest Eddie Howe might know more about football and his team than the members of N-O, get the fuck out. :lol:

Still, it's a public forum and everyone has a right to an opinion.

Yeah totally otherwise what’s the point ha 

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Bet Sky don't start their coverage until 5mins before KO, then it will back to Spurs v Arsenal just after full time.

Probably switch back to Spurs/Arsenal during our half time as well. :lol: