Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Another counter attack and Bruno isn’t even in our own half to defend it.

Howe seriously needs to change his approach, man. Can't be having your two CMs press on their own, then always leave one back (Longstaff that time) at best who's then dealing with 3+ runners. ETH stuff this.

Just now, pubteam said:

Murphy is never where you expect a right wing player to be, on the wing. We are so narrow on the right.

Because Livramento keeps moving into central positions, so Murphy is left doing his job and Livramento's

I genuinely think we played well for 25-30 mins. But playing Tino in the box midfield role and expecting Murphy and Longstaff to produce fuck all is pretty infuriating. 

Need to get Tonali and Barnes on at HT. But Howe doesn’t do HT subs. 

Had a lot of the ball but done next to nothing with it. That right hand side may as well not exist.

Longstaff and Murphy starting matches for us in 2024 is, well, I can't put words to it at this point. :lol:

Bruno's also been noticeably poor.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I’m still not remotely convinced that livramento is worth picking over trippier.

He's basically covering the right side on his own mind :lol:

Longstaff and Murphy are terrible.

We're going to have to be far more dangerous in the second half if we're to have any chance of getting something from this game. This is the exact situation Wolves will have wanted. We will need to attack them now and they can hit us on the counter.

We must be one of the least dangerous teams in possession. We have no plan to break teams down except get it wide and cross it in when we have 0 aerial presence. 

We only ever look dangerous in transition. 

Right side somewhere between anonymous and actively hurting us.

Hall a defensive liability.

Gordon good when on the ball. Still seems less active off the ball. Whether that’s intentional, lack of fitness, or disinterest I have no idea.

Tonali and Barnes will win the game.