Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

Just now, Alan Pardew said:

YYYYYEEEEESSSS LADS. 

That’s how you win games. Bring on fullbacks!! I believe young Eddie was inspired by The King today. Another three points from me to you lot. 

Bottle of wine for me now. See ya later lads. 

Enjoy your phone-in on TalkShite

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

No excuse to start Longstaff ever again when we have everyone fit. He’s fucking hopeless. Don't care if he’s from North Shields or North Carolina. 

Longstaff is perfectly fine in an under the cosh match. Joelinton is excellent when we're playing in transition. Both are often hopeless when we're playing possession football.

Just now, madras said:

And Kelly, Tonali and Barnes.

I feel like I watched a different Hall to everyone else. I thought he was solid and offered so much more than Tino going forward. 

Tonali and Barnes obviously, but I think the plan was to give everyone who played internationally a break, and Barnes for Gordon was the planned swap if we were ahead. 

I actually think the game changed when Trippier came on, we looked so much more assured in possession, kept it well, and just looked way more comfortable in general play.

I love Tino and he offers different qualities and hasn't been bad at all, but at the moment Trippier needs to start ahead of him for me.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Longstaff is perfectly fine in an under the cosh match. Joelinton is excellent when we're playing in transition. Both are often hopeless when we're playing possession football.

FB_IMG_1726422713559.thumb.jpg.c39d151f3880a130ee6f15346f40ab0a.jpg

I joke, I like Sean and should have a place in our squad, but agree today wasn't a game he should be starting with Tonali available.

1 minute ago, Dr. TC said:

I feel like I watched a different Hall to everyone else. I thought he was solid and offered so much more than Tino going forward. 

Tonali and Barnes obviously, but I think the plan was to give everyone who played internationally a break, and Barnes for Gordon was the planned swap if we were ahead. 

Thought Hall was alright going forward but not so good the other way. Think Kelly is a lot more solid so far. 

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought Hall and Tino were both poor

Agree. Hall still gives it away too easily in my opinion and fell on his backside twice getting turned by their attacker. 

I have faith that Tino will come good when Tonali and Barnes/Gordon are in front of him. 

1 minute ago, Fak said:

Thought Hall was alright going forward but not so good the other way. Think Kelly is a lot more solid so far. 

Kelly poor going forward

Hall poor going backwards

Time to try Dan Burn at left back

1 minute ago, Dr. TC said:

He offered more be because he had Joe and Gordon outside for them to take care of. Tino had Sean and Murphy so naturally they pressed that side more.

Right now with next week being away I'd start Trippier and Kelly and keep Tino and Hall for Wombles.

17 minutes ago, christ said:

Are we shit or are we good? Virtually impossible to tell at the moment. 

Think its easy to say we are playing shit. Got some quality shot feet bailing us out.

I had to watch the last 18 minutes including injury time through the pub window. Asked to leave for celebrating the goals like a madman. What a brilliant win. No more keeping Tonali and Barnes on the bench.