Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

14 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Has Howe actually explained how Isak manage to break his toe? Honestly, the sort of injuries we keep getting is beyond a joke. Sensing this season could be a bad at last.

Don't think so, but I'm assuming it was when he got his foot stood on in the first half v Wolves.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Feeling fairly pessimistic like, just hope people don't lose their minds at what's basically a nailed-on defeat. 

Like Erikse says, totally depends on the performance. Turn up like shit, and they deserve every moaning coming their way.

25 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Tonali can handle City but not Fulham. 

Most painful fixture to watch but without a striker this’ll be next level. 

He'll probably not get to see much of the game against Man City, but as long as we aren't judging players on this fixture, will be interesting to see how he dovetails with Bruno.

I'd of went with osula up top to be a focal point for our wing play and to be a nuisance. 

Instead of having Murphy start. 

I know he's young but gordon isn't exactly playing well this season. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Like Erikse says, totally depends on the performance. Turn up like shit, and they deserve every moaning coming their way.

Personally I'm not gonna prime myself for moaning and am generally more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt (or just be more forgiving), given they've played out of their skins for years. Anyway, fingers crossed we do areet.

Just now, andycap said:

I'd of went with osula up top to be a focal point for our wing play and to be a nuisance. 

Instead of having Murphy start. 

I know he's young but gordon isn't exactly playing well this season. 

No excuse for starting Murphy when you have a forward on the bench.

At this point I would have also been tempted by Almirón.

we'll need a miracle or them not showing up 

Isak out is a hammer blow like 

toughest home game of the season 

big fear is we go all out for 60 mins only for them to then kill us off with their subs

hope I'm wrong! 

No point sweating it, we won’t know what version of NUFC will turn up until about half an hour in. Howe probably doesn’t know either, we’ll probably at least given them something to think about. I’m more concerned that the totally forseeable  scenario of both Isak and Wilson being injured has occurred after 5 league games. The £15m back up striker appears to be 4th choice and would probably have been loaned out if it wasn’t for the other injuries.

Edited by Novocastrian

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

No point sweating it, we won’t know what version of NUFC will turn up until about half an hour in. Howe probably doesn’t know either, we’ll probably at least given them something to think about. I’m more concerned that the totally forseeable  scenario of both Isak and Wilson being injured has occurred after 5 league games. The £15m back up striker appears to be 4th choice and would probably have been loaned out if it wasn’t for the other injuries.

I hope Osula gets a run out on the pitch for 20mins or so assuming the result isn't in the balance. He's not a 15yr old, I'm sure he can handle coming on as a sub and having a go at them given half a chance.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I think we will pick up a point today.

It sounds mad considering we have no strikers but I can sort of understand the thinking. They are also missing KDB, Aki and Rodri, we are at home, and after Eddie's veiled warnings to his team, I can see our lads coming out flying. Still a big ask over 90 mins but I think a point is doable.

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

Silly neet last neet, feeling the 'still half cut' confidence and looking forward to the game, although I still think we'll get howked. :lol:

You see its stuff like 'silly neets' and 'still half cut' that always leads to you being injured all the time!

Sort yourself out man. We need you fit! 🤣