Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s the penalty taker, he took the pen. You can’t have players bottling taking things, got to trust them. 

So is Schar. I get your point but under these circumstances I would’ve went with someone else. 

On a side note I prefer when he whips them to GKSs right.

Should let Schär take every penalty. That’s a garbage pen from Gordon, everyone laughs at stop start penalties but that Gordon pen reduces the likelihood of scoring to almost a coin flip. Absolutely no excuse to pick a bottom corner like that beforehand.

The Osula signing was absolutely ridiculous if we don't trust him to play any proper PL minutes when you consider the lack of availability of the two sick notes we've had for two bloody seasons now. Both are very adept at scoring goals but when you inevitably spend a portion of the season with both of them unavailable it's bordering on negligence that we didn't bother to address it. That's before you consider the other issues too.

A very competitive game in which we've looked relatively comfortable. I actually think that's the best I've seen seen our midfield look on the ball for a long time, its very dynamic and fluid, and we're playing it around nicely. Tonali just oozes quality. Its the final third that's the issue, we're getting into dangerous areas but not being able to get a shot off, which is a bit infuriating. 

I knew Gordon was missing that pen, it felt written :lol: 

Just now, Pilko said:

The Osula signing was absolutely ridiculous if we don't trust him to play any proper PL minutes when you consider the lack of availability of the two sick notes we've had for two bloody seasons now. Both are very adept at scoring goals but when you inevitably spend a portion of the season with both of them unavailable it's bordering on negligence that we didn't bother to address it. That's before you consider the other issues too.

It was an absolute disaster of a transfer window, no other way to describe it.

ST, RW and CB very weak.