Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

Tonali has been good. Helped look after the ball and we've bossed possession and won the midfield. Trippier looks a nervous wreck still.

Knew Gordon was gonna miss as soon as VAR was looking at the possible pen. Hindsight I'd have had someone like Schar taking it. 

Just hope he gets a chance to finally score against them. But it always goes this way for him against them annoyingly.

They can't be any worse 2nd half so we need to expect to weather some pressure at some stage .

Lacking a striker as usual. Joelintons final pass etc has been poor.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

The Osula signing was absolutely ridiculous if we don't trust him to play any proper PL minutes when you consider the lack of availability of the two sick notes we've had for two bloody seasons now. Both are very adept at scoring goals but when you inevitably spend a portion of the season with both of them unavailable it's bordering on negligence that we didn't bother to address it. That's before you consider the other issues too.

This comment is giving me Hall flashbacks from last season [emoji38] Osula is clearly one for the future and away to Everton is not where he should get his PL debut from the start

This is a cursed ground, so I dunno what'll happen, but we've been much better in the second half this season and I'm confident we'll get this done.

What a mental challenge to give away the pen. fwiw, international coverage is showing how VVD got away with a clear hold earlier today. VAR doesn't work when its the other Merseyside club.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Callum Wilson as your second choice striker is negligent. We’ve known that for ages.

October now and he's still nowhere to be seen, despite being injured in the summer.

Can't wait till he leaves so he's not even a consideration anymore. 

We've been excellent like, controlled the game.

Just lack quality, can't really start Murphy and Joelinton as two of your most advanced players and expect much in the way of quality in the final third.