Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

Murphy's been quite good tbf, and he's the one I'd expect to bottle it against this lot.

Little bit worried tbh, we're clearly the best team but we look like a team who doesn't have a proper striker.

And these cunts always seem to bag a result against us at home.

2 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

This comment is giving me Hall flashbacks from last season [emoji38] Osula is clearly one for the future and away to Everton is not where he should get his PL debut from the start

You're absolutely missing the point. I have no issue with Osula being one for the future and I think he'll be a good player for us longer term. The point is that the fitness record of Isak and Wilson dictates that we needed someone ready to play minutes sooner than he will be, because both are notoriously unreliable from an availablity perspective and it's already causing us issues and we're barely into October.

Just now, Shak said:

We've been excellent like, controlled the game.

Just lack quality, can't really start Murphy and Joelinton as two of your most advanced players and expect much in the way of quality in the final third.

Excellent really? We must have given away possession about 15 times. 

We look great until the final third, then it's just pass to the wing, turn around and back to the keeper, we really are lacking ideas going forward ATM, can't seem to break down teams unless they go right at us, ala City or Spurs games.

It's probably the best we've looked on the ball all season though despite giving the ball away a fair bit in the first 5.

Just feels like no matter what we aren't gonna get anything from this though, definitely has the one of those games sort of vibes.

We look so much fitter than them. As the game has been going on, that's become more and more evident.

Gordon has been brilliant - shame about the penalty miss. The penalty against City wasn't particularly good either - the keeper just went the wrong way. Is he really the best pen taker around at the moment, or is he just the most eager? Discuss.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

You're absolutely missing the point. I have no issue with Osula being one for the future and I think he'll be a good player for us longer term. The point is that the fitness record of Isak and Wilson dictates that we needed someone ready to play minutes sooner than he will be, because both are notoriously unreliable from an availablity perspective and it's already causing us issues and we're barely into October.

Fair. Think they just gamled on Isak staying fit until Wilson was back. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Maybe an overstatement but we've had far more of a foothold in the game than any other this season.

Significant improvement IMO.

Just now, Ikon said:

Most of them came from Trippier in the first 10 minutes to be fair :lol: 

Personally think we've overall been really good in possession, and that it's the best we've looked on the ball all season.  

Just now, Ronaldo said:

How many times have we given the ball away needlessly in the final third?

This is my view too. We’ve been the better team and controlled the game but we could have been much better imo.