Chelsea vs Newcastle United: 27/10/24 @ 14:00 Sky Sports

Paully

FB_IMG_1729966345852.thumb.jpg.d902d83839c5a846317ca4d4471de8a5.jpg

2 hours ago, buzza said:

If we play like we can we will obliterate this lot!!

Only fear is jacksons pace against schar and Burn

2 hours ago, CallumG6 said:

Cole Palmer’s forgotten to put his clocks back, gonna be way off it today. 

2-1 win with Gordon back on the scoresheet. 

5 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

I don't know if I'm still drunk or having a nervous breakdown but I think we are going to win this one 2-1.

I just hope we adapt our tactics somewhat and mark Palmer out of the game. Their keeper is fucking shite so hoping we test him loads. Tonali to score, Isak to score, Gordon to score. Positive for now :lol:

Tough game today. I caught the Chelsea game vs Liverpool last week. They were beat but looked really strong in phases. Young, pacey and direct.

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might struggle today down there, we look bang out of form and have not started the season yet.

Fingers crossed for a win to get us going!

2 hours ago, 54 said:

By all accounts Chelsea have had a good start to the season, and we have had a poor one, win today and we go above them. Feels slightly weird that.

Depends on what our respective fixtures have looked like. Feels to me like we've dropped too many points against poor to middling sides. But I guess if we win away to Chelsea that cancels out at least one of those bad results and gets us right back on track.

53 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Am not hopeful for today, given us being bang out of form and our really poor record at Stamford Bridge.

2-0 win to the home team. :(

Would be my take on it too. Hope the team can prove me wrong and begin to show what we are a a team and unit, but away from home, bad record, against a relatively  in form side...not holding my breath for a miracle.

What I need to see today is the front three clicking. Gordon/Barnes on the left and Isak as the front man is top tier. Just not seen either Gordon or Barnes look particularly happy playing on the right, and the alternatives of Miggy or Murphy are not impact players and that means teams only have to worry about stopping isak and Gordon/Barnes.

Play like we have the last 3 games and we've got every chance of taking something from the game. Will be tough regardless, they're in great form and despite our improved performances I'm not sure you can say the same for us.

I reckon we get a hard-fought point today, and then knock them out of the cup under the lights at St James' in the week. Bit of momentum going into a home game against a faltering Arsenal team next weekend and suddenly things aren't quite so doom and gloom.