Other games on today

chicago_shearer

1643: It will be a late finish at Craven Cottage after that injury to Antti Niemi. There is an ambulance on stand-by for the goalkeeper but he is still in the home dressing room.

Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked 

1643: It will be a late finish at Craven Cottage after that injury to Antti Niemi. There is an ambulance on stand-by for the goalkeeper but he is still in the home dressing room.

Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked 

I hope so, but not necesarily. It is very difficult and dangerous to move people with severe neck injuries.

Another two penalties turned down for us. Getting beyond a joke now.

Not seen any of the action yet but what i'm reading in the match reports suggests that one of them (A Dunne challenge on Johnson) was probably a penalty. Obviously I'm not complaining but its nice for us to have a bit of a run of things going for us...2 games of solid defending won by 2 moments of pure quality followed by this. Have we been 'lucky' again? Have to wait for MotD. Overall the game sounded like a bit of a shitter but its nice to see George back in business. He's full of ability but he is a bit of a woofter at times (Somewhere inbetween Heskey and Luque).

LONDON, Jan 1 (Reuters) - Fulham goalkeeper Antti Niemi appeared to have escaped a serious neck injury after landing heavily on his head during Monday's goalless Premier League draw against Watford at Craven Cottage.

The Finland international flipped in the air while attempting a clearance nine minutes into the second half and was unable to break his fall with his arms.

Play was stopped for seven minutes while he was treated and laid on a stretcher with his neck in a brace but Fulham manager Chris Coleman said the signs were encouraging.

"He's OK. He's gone off to hospital for some X-rays (but) it didn't look very good when we saw it," he told Sky Sports.

"It's a good job he's as agile and as flexible as he is, it could have been a lot worse.

"He's obviously got a bit of damage to his neck but he says he's got feeling everywhere else in his body so we don't think it's going to be too bad.

"He wasn't moving, he was on the ground for a long time and that's not like Antti -- he's a brave lad. I was almost urging him to get up, not to play on, just so everyone knows he's OK.

"Everybody was worried about Antti, he's been absolutely fantastic since he came to Fulham."

Thank fuck

Another two penalties turned down for us. Getting beyond a joke now.

Not seen any of the action yet but what i'm reading in the match reports suggests that one of them (A Dunne challenge on Johnson) was probably a penalty. Obviously I'm not complaining but its nice for us to have a bit of a run of things going for us...2 games of solid defending won by 2 moments of pure quality followed by this. Have we been 'lucky' again? Have to wait for MotD. Overall the game sounded like a bit of a shitter but its nice to see George back in business. He's full of ability but he is a bit of a woofter at times (Somewhere inbetween Heskey and Luque).

Haven't seen them myself, just listened on the radio and read the forums

The Dunne on Johnson incident was supposedly a pen but apparently the Distin on Osman one was even more blatant but the ref bottled it because it was towards the end of the game. Sounded like a terrible match though, two very average sides.