Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

I can't tell you who, but Andy O'Brien spoke to me the other day after training, he has been in touch with Roeder and apparantly it is Boumsong on loan, if that falls through we may see (this is only 50% accurate) the triumphant return of Andy O'Brien to St.Jame's park.

funny, funny ::)

I reckon it's Woodgate, no doubt Real will have a clause in his current loan deal with boro that says they can recall him

I'll still never know why people bang on about Woody, HE NEVER PLAYS!!!! He's been injured his whole career, there'd be no point in getting him. Theres thousands of defenders in the world, why would we want a crock to return to us? jeez.

Good injury record this season and the reason people bang on about him because for just once we actually got to see what it was like seeing someone World class in our defence and we long for the day of seeing that again.

I reckon it's Woodgate, no doubt Real will have a clause in his current loan deal with boro that says they can recall him

Why would they recall him to loan him to us? Woodgate chose them anyway!

Would be amusing though.

The articles Imply we are taking him on loan with a view to buying, but despite saying they know all about him and his career, roeder still wants to look at him on loan rather than buy him.

So id go for either someone who is out of favour with a question mark above his head or someone that hasnt played in the premiership, although the latter doesnt really play with Roeders normal ideals, nor the first.

Either way it will probably end up being someone no one expects or wants, or someone amazing if it falls through.

It's Nesta.

He's out of contract in June, and is coming here on loan with a view to us signing him on a free in the Summer.

He's got another year on top of that iirc, and is out injured at the moment, for some time as well.

Ayala is a good shout, i'd be excited it this was two seasons ago, i just cannot see how a 32-33 yr old will adapt quickly enough for him to be any use to us.

I hope its Andrade, Depo are always looking to off load him.

As shown with Duff, Rossi, Sibierski, Bernard and to some extent Martins, Roeder always keeps his cards very close to his chest.

The transfer of Duff came as a pleasant suprise. No-one knew he was available so cheaply, and a move to Spurs seemed very far off while roeder moved in quickly and quietly.

Perhaps Roeder can do the same again.

The fact that we 'want to have a look at him' before signing him on loan doesn't sound too promising. It all points to a player who's nearing the end of his career and who can't get into the first team at his current club.

West Ham..

Oh god this isn't one of those cryptic things like the Penguin message you did that O'Neill would be here by Tuesday, is it?

I was a day late, he'll be here on Wednesday.

Aye next Wednesday for the league match.

Am I going to be whoosed here?

I'm going for Ben Haim (or Andrade)

Realistically it will someone crap

Bolton wouldn't loan Ben Haim when his contract is up in the summer. They might as well keep him and let him go then, or better, sell him now.

They'd take £3m, he's worth that all day long.

As shown with Duff, Rossi, Sibierski, Bernard and to some extent Martins, Roeder always keeps his cards very close to his chest.

The transfer of Duff came as a pleasant suprise. No-one knew he was available so cheaply, and a move to Spurs seemed very far off while roeder moved in quickly and quietly.

Perhaps Roeder can do the same again.

GREAT examples there (especially Sibi considering he had only an hour to phone around and gage opinion on what the fella was like).

Keeps his cards close to his chest ffs. :lol: