Sib earns new deal?

Mr. Snrub

Newcastle United are ready to reward Antoine Sibierski with a new deal.

The Frenchman has been a big success at St James' Park since his surprise signing from Manchester City last August.

The 32-year-old has scored seven goals during his short time at the club and has quickly established himself as a fans favourite on Tyneside.

Sibierski initially arrived on a one-year deal, but Glenn Roeder is now prepared to extend the player's stay at the club.

The player's agent Willie McKay confirmed talks were ongoing over a new deal for the former Lens man.

"I have spoken to Glenn Roeder regarding Antoine's contract and he is very keen to keep him," McKay told skysports.com

"Antoine is really enjoying his football at Newcastle and would be happy to extend his contract.

"Newcastle are ready to offer Antoine a two-year extension and I am planning to hold further talks with the club later this week."

He has exceeded expectations, but should we really be looking for better players in the summer instead?

Two year extension? :idiot2:

I'd prefer it if we just let him go in the summer. Reckon this means no more strikers are incoming?

Not looking good, we will have Martins, Owen, Ameobi, Sibierski and to a point Dyer.

Didnt read the 2 year comment first time around! Jesus Wept he can barely move now!

Infuriating. 

We bring in one(1) on loan during the January window, Glenn makes noises about turning down those "on the wrong side of 30" or who wouldn't be part of a long term plan, and then says he'd be happy to keep Sibs?  :knuppel2:

Thanks and good luck for the future should be the letter out to Sibs.

I thought Roeder had a long term plan, however, if like the previous windows we don't sign the players we need we maybe happy that we kept him on.

Guest shaun11177

What was the name of the agent again? oh what a suprise.

Owen,Martins,Ameobi,Dyer-because you cant rely on him in midfield+a new striker+Sibierski=6 for 2 places.Bet he doesnt even play next season.

i say we only need 4 strikers,release Sibs and his wages and sell Dyer and invest the transfer fee and the wages in the defence.

I wouldn't have been against giving him a 1 year extension in the slightest, because it shows that he's done enough to earn his place as a squad player next season. He has done that, but not an awful lot more. Recently, he's looked slow, appeared to have little quality and seems to have lost his bite and battling ability that he had at the beginning of the season. Yes - he's done very well to score the goals that he has and they've been damned important, but they've only been scored due to the fact that he's been lumped in the side because of injuries.

1 year, sure. That would mean we wouldn't have to be inherent about getting another squad player next season. But two years shows a long term plan. And for a deteriorating 32-year-old, that simply shows a lack of ambition and just desperation. Not good.

If we don't sign a striker in the summer, i won't really be bothered. To be completely fair - i don't think we crave one. We'll certainly get by, at the very least, next season with five strikers in the squad. Martins, Owen, Dyer, Shola and Sibi - in that order - would be our options, aswell as the progressing youngsters. There are certainly more pressing needs to sort out in our squad than upfront, which is why i'd be relatively happy if Sibi got a one year extension. Don't get me wrong, i love Sibi and he's become something of a cult hero in my opinion.

Two years is just crap, though.

I seriously don't see any reason for not having Dyer as our third choice striker, when Owen comes back of course.

For me, he's certainly justified his selection for a constant place upfront - he's collaborated superbly with Martins as soon as they united. And, arguably more importantly, he's looked wholly ineffective in midfield.

Dyer still gets on my tits, he literally doesn't have a position. I'm not going to let 15 or so decent games overshadow all his shit performances in the past, which included upfront. He's done better up with Martins than he has with other strikers, but he's still a headless chicken. Runs all day, does very little.

Dyer still gets on my tits, he literally doesn't have a position. I'm not going to let 15 or so decent games overshadow all his s*** performances in the past, which included upfront. He's done better up with Martins than he has with other strikers, but he's still a headless chicken. Runs all day, does very little.

This season included, Ally?

Kieron Dyer is a key figure in our revival this season, and has consequently brought on the performances of other players - notably Martins. Martins, since the return of Dyer, has scored 8 goals. As apposed to the three that he scored in the two/three months before Dyer's return. I'm not saying all of those Martins goals involve Dyer, but it's a knock-on effect. Initially, they all did, and this has improved Oba's confidence and appetite in general.

Plus, in the past, whenever he has been fit, Kieron Dyer has generally been a key player for us - and never a bad player. Unfortunately for him in the Bobby days, we had lots of quality players, and you could say that he was overshadowed.

Key player and one of our best, in my opinion!

Dyer still gets on my tits, he literally doesn't have a position. I'm not going to let 15 or so decent games overshadow all his s*** performances in the past, which included upfront. He's done better up with Martins than he has with other strikers, but he's still a headless chicken. Runs all day, does very little.

This season included, Ally?

Kieron Dyer is a key figure in our revival this season, and has consequently brought on the performances of other players - notably Martins. Martins, since the return of Dyer, has scored 8 goals. As apposed to the three that he scored in the two/three months before Dyer's return. I'm not saying all of those Martins goals involve Dyer, but it's a knock-on effect. Initially, they all did, and this has improved Oba's confidence and appetite in general.

Plus, in the past, whenever he has been fit, Kieron Dyer has generally been a key player for us - and never a bad player. Unfortunately for him in the Bobby days, we had lots of quality players, and you could say that he was overshadowed.

Key player and one of our best, in my opinion!

It's not even opinion, it's fact.