Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Said it a million times before but because you have played the game at the highest level don't mean you know shit about the game and it shows.

Honestly i have always felt the average fan tends to be more knowledgeable because they analyse every game a lot more deeply.

Guest neesy111

Said it a million times before but because you have played the game at the highest level don't mean you know shit about the game and it shows.

Honestly i have always felt the average fan tends to be more knowledgeable because they analyse every game a lot more deeply.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

My last post was sarcastic mate, my post further up was a dig at Thompson. Which Madras missread as me saying Thompson is an expert, which i also meant sarcastically.

Not sure why i bothered to explain that tbh. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Honestly mate it was more something i wanted to get off my chest than disagreeing with you, just seemed a decent time to do so.

I agree mate, it's Charlie Nicholas that really does me in, whenever he talks about us, it's complete and utter nonsense, with no base in facts at all. I just want to headbutt him through my telly.

Everything the media does is baseless nonsense tbh, littered with cliches are PL-centric rubbish.

Honestly if my job was to basically watch football then i would be watching as much football as possible from various different leagues.

The fact sky didn't have a f*cking clue about any of our signings was a joke tbh, ok if you're average fan but if you're being paid to watch football then you should know Moussa Sissoko like the back of your hand.

Not to mention how the wank off ex-players in management and defend them to the hills even if they are f*cking shit, i remember when Mcleish was sacked there was constant crying in the media that its too soon etc etc.... f*ck off pls.

I could rant about the media all night long tbh but i think its best i leave it there.

Guest bimpy474

Everything the media does is baseless nonsense tbh, littered with cliches are PL-centric rubbish.

Honestly if my job was to basically watch football then i would be watching as much football as possible from various different leagues.

The fact sky didn't have a f*cking clue about any of our signings was a joke tbh, ok if you're average fan but if you're being paid to watch football then you should know Moussa Sissoko like the back of your hand.

Not to mention how the wank off ex-players in management and defend them to the hills even if they are f*cking shit, i remember when Mcleish was sacked there was constant crying in the media that its too soon etc etc.... f*ck off pls.

I could rant about the media all night long tbh but i think its best i leave it there.

Go to bed, you're ranting :lol:

Continuous replays and close-ups of footballers when the ball is in play :rant:

Nowhere near as bad as the cut to who is in the stands that foreign coverage loves or cut to Beckham if he is about over here.

Guest Slippery Sam

Nowhere near as bad as the cut to who is in the stands that foreign coverage loves or cut to Beckham if he is about over here.

I hate that as well.  Remember the world cup final (France '98) showing repeated shots of Ronaldo's g/f in the stand ffs.

I remember watching several matches a few seasons back where the main cameras seemed to be implementing "Ian Holloway Cam" as they were constantly pointing at him, even when Blackpool or their opposition were on the break. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

They did this when we beat Villa a couple of days ago.  Our team were celebrating together at the final whistle (the radio said it was great scenes), so was looking forward to seeing them all cheering away on Football first, only for when the final whistle went, we had a huge close up of Benteke's ugly mug.

On the Nigeria football forum, someone just suggested that the solution to our problem is to approach Cote D'Ivoire with a 1-4-5 formation. 1-4-5. I think I am done with that place for a bit.

:lol:

Remember that player cam thing Sky used to do? I hated that. Did anyone actually use it?

That was about before we ever got Sky in the house. Always felt like I was missing out on something huge when I'd see it advertised.

The chant "One greedy bastard! There's only one greedy bastard!" that greets any former star NUFC player who's moved on recently.

For one thing, it's factually incorrect: the problem of greed runs through the whole of the modern game like a cancer....